• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

WayRight's 2ten start

Tepin and my 7 pot
tepin3.jpg

Bhut has a nice start
bhut2.jpg

My maui purple, these are C.Chinense, First bite I ever had I was expecting maybe PC-1 Heat ,but it made me say WOW! very nice heat.
Mauipurple.jpg

Kevin

Hey Kevin welcome to THP very nice plant starts and Asteroids Arcade machine. Your doing a very nice job with just some basic lights. Do you open the blinds during the day? Last years plants were redwood trees, will you explain the growth regulators. I read they are to slow down a plants growth and make it bushy and marketable longer in the nursery. Yours are on steroids tall and mean and I like it!

Looking good wayright, I especially like the little flag you gave each pot, makes it feel like it is in control of it's own state? LOL

How do you stabalize a cross anyways? Web_Of_Hair is sending me some F2 Jalabanero seeds to grow, gonna have some fun with them.

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
Hey Kevin welcome to THP very nice plant starts and Asteroids Arcade machine. Your doing a very nice job with just some basic lights. Do you open the blinds during the day? Last years plants were redwood trees, will you explain the growth regulators. I read they are to slow down a plants growth and make it bushy and marketable longer in the nursery. Yours are on steroids tall and mean and I like it!

PRF, I do not open the blinds as it leads to a screened porch with no sunshine anyways,and as for basic lights..I really dont worry as I sow most of my seed directly into the red georgia clay anyway come springtime.As for amendments,I started with regular cheap ol' seed starting mix wit a bit of Mycorrizae mixed in..But,when they hit the garden I use GA3,BAP, and NAA. This took me years to find the right combo. still experimenting. :)

and Matt as far as stabilizing a cross ,,Im no expert but I just keep growing it out until it stays the same pepper for 3 years or so.(after many many seasons I am about to get my first one"fingers crossed"--pun)

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
Thanks for the info Mycorrizae is what makes Pro-Mix so expensive. Never quite knew what it was or how it works on the host roots. Auxins are what I want to learn more about, jack pepperstalk.
LOL Jack pepperstalk :) The NAA I use is an auxin,Naphthalene Acetic Acid can significantly increase the number, length and dry weight of root hairs, small roots and large roots.
The GA3, Gibberellic acid is a naturally occurring plant hormone that can improve plant growth and size.(or totally kill it!) Be careful !
And the BAP, is actually a cytokinin that stimulates a wide array of plant growth benefits including cell division, ie..more side branches and basal shoot formation.
As I stated in my welcome thread "I use any and everything known to man!" :)
In the last "stinkin" forum I was a part of, this non organic approach got me sort of blacklisted.

I know AJ is going to want to talk to you more about making his trees even bigger. No blacklists here for growing beautiful pepper plants, just don't know what if any side effect you get pushing your plants to the limit. I'm always willing to learn something new in the world of botany. Glad to have you here wayright.

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
I know AJ is going to want to talk to you more about making his trees even bigger. No blacklists here for growing beautiful pepper plants, just don't know what if any side effect you get pushing your plants to the limit. I'm always willing to learn something new in the world of botany. Glad to have you here wayright.
Thanks PRF, I really like that war eagle,(even tho they have beaten UF last 2 meetings,"bye Tupperville!") But, I doubt anything could make his plants look better! I have found 3 really cool neighbors on here from the S.C. so far. :) ,,Some cool Aussies aka NovaC,and some badass tunage TB..This site rocks! Glad to be part of it.

Huge win for me today! I was at a friends house,Walking thru his garage and BLAM! this caught my eye. Mind you that I have looked far and wide for promix,I asked where he got it (about 2 hours away) He isnt even a gardener! I offered to buy it and he wouldnt accept,Just gave it to me!! Most of my seeds are planted, but am still excited! :)
P3010074.jpg

update- Im hoping to get some good weather soon! These things are gonna get rootbound soon,I cant pot them up without culling more! and it nearly killed me culling the first 50 plants (They did get a good home)
First, Check out this plant,It is the only one I have thats unknown..Its from a mystery pack from Peppermania from probably around '05 or '06. Its a tiny thing and it already has a big ol' flower! Wierd huh?,I'ma have to ask Beth what she thinks it might be.
3-10-10MysteryPeppermania.jpg

And my Biker Billy is coming along great!
3-10-10BikerBilly.jpg

I cant wait to try the Trinidad Scorpion Morouga Blend :)
3-10-10TrinidadScorpionMorougablend.jpg

thanks for talking about groth regulators, i use ga3 to pre soak seeds for 12 hours before planting germ rate 100%.about 70% without , use mega grow in ground. works for me. by the way great looking plants.

Umm. its been a couple of weeks ,so yea. Here is a small update of a few plants.
I was gonna get em in the ground this weekend, but,Still high 40's low temp, so im gonna wait another week. 4/5 is mean freeze date here so I usually wait for that anyways.
Ive tried to plant a week early before and my plants got stunted and were outdone by directly sown seeds.
Here's a piccy of my fastest grower by far,this isnt even the tallest one.
Birgits Locoto
3-25-10BirgitsLocoto.jpg

Queen Laurie, also doing wonderful.
3-25-10QueenLaurie.jpg

Check out the bushiness of my Maui Purple.
3-25-10MauiPurple.jpg

And this is my first year growing a non hot pepper EVER!
Tobago Seasoning
3-25-10TobagoSeasoning.jpg

One of my Fav's is the Chocolate Habanero, I swear these things are hotter than some of my Bhut's (Maybe its just in my head)
3-25-10ChocolateHabanero.jpg

Very Nice flavor and heat combo, Carribean Red
3-25-10CarribeanRed.jpg

And finally one I just started on 3/3, C. Ciliatum, I Am very excited about this one!
3-25-10CCiliatum.jpg

Reactions: dvg
HawaiiAl said:
thanks for talking about groth regulators, i use ga3 to pre soak seeds for 12 hours before planting germ rate 100%.about 70% without , use mega grow in ground. works for me. by the way great looking plants.
Hey Al, Try using that GA3 at about 350-400 ppm as a foliar spray once your plants are established. It is quite amazing.

Well I got my garden tilled and made my rows. Half my plants are hardened, but, rainstorms are predicted for Thursday, So I will start planting Friday!! :woohoo: None of my plants have had ANY food yet so they are ready!!..Today I rigged up my trusty Redneck Irrigation System..Ready to go!
Redneck Feeding System
4-5-10RedneckFeedingSystem.jpg

Redneck Irrigation
4-5-10RedneckIrrigation.jpg

And finally , I am so proud of this 'lil guy
C. Ciliatum/ Rhomb.
4-5-10CCiliatum.jpg

Kevin

Back