• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

WayRight's 2ten start

Those Chocolate Bhuts look like actual chocolate. It makes me think of making brownies with them. Fantastic haul. I think you'll be busy harvesting for a while.

YUM! Bhut brownies ,Im not a fan of sweets, in general, IE. candys, cookies... but I forgot that I love brownies!!
I'm not a baker either, So I gotta talk the BH into making me some brownies with some Choco Bhuts in 'em!
Damn! it's late as hell and you just made me hungry!

Hey Noah, This is a pic of my Ciliatum/Rhombodium. Its been doing soo great all year but not a single flower!
I might try to overwinter, but I probably wont bother ..no windows with light and my flouro's are only setup for seedlings :(
I couldnt back up far enough to get a good shot of the whole plant.
Tops
PA310132.jpg

PA310133.jpg

And I had to hold the camera really high to get this shot, the plant is prolly close to 6 feet if you hold the branch up.
10-31-10Ciliatum.jpg

Kevin

Hey Kevin, you could try to cut it back severely on top and roots similar to how they do the bonchis. That will reduce the space needed then use a little portable light with the CFL bulb in it for the winter. That is such a beautiful plant to let die without a single flower.

jacob

Damn dude, thats huge. I say cut it back, overwinter and plant out next year. Skip the growth juices on it though, I bet it will flower then.

Hey Kevin, you could try to cut it back severely on top and roots similar to how they do the bonchis. That will reduce the space needed then use a little portable light with the CFL bulb in it for the winter. That is such a beautiful plant to let die without a single flower.

jacob
I think I'll give it a shot, give it a severe haircut and stick it in some promix!
I only want to keep it alive not thriving.

Damn dude, thats huge. I say cut it back, overwinter and plant out next year. Skip the growth juices on it though, I bet it will flower then.

Thanks. Yea I can see where a certain amount of "growth juice" may affect production, But I even tried bloom booster on it!
Mebbe its a dud! :) It's my only plant without anything.

You also could put some trimmings in a glass of water and hope for roots. I hope you can keep it around, it would be great to see pods.

So did you get your brownies made? They sure looked chocolately, but I have no idea how it would go. I've got some Bhut Jolokia syrup left over, maybe I'll give some a try w/ that.

Oh well, another year gone by. My garden now is a shell of what it was. Surprise! the weatherman lied, and now my garden is stripped and its gonna warm up again! (wishing there was a middle finger emoticon)
Anyway it was fun! and I got alot of peppers!
A few pics of the destruction!
PB070133.jpg

PB070138.jpg

My cats playground is now deserted!
PB070139.jpg

If I only had a place to overwinter!
PB070137.jpg

It's been fun!

Fin.

Yes Zander it is fun! My son loves to help with that part. :)
And the 10 day is looking good! Which is cool as heck because today I went out,and get this!!! my Ciliatum has a couple of flowers!!!! Happy dance!
I guess it just needed a blast of cold!
I can finally stand back to get a full shot :)
PB080133.jpg

First flowers!! Whoo Hoo! I doubt that I will get pods at this point , and ! now I dont wanna cut it down for overwinter!
PB080134.jpg

Kevin

Sweet, congrats Kevin. Just make sure you get it out of the cold before the frost/freeze returns so you can keep those flowers.

Plant looks great, but you're right, the pods don't have time to mature, so why not cut it back, pot it and get a head start next season.

Back