• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Went in for an oil change...

I kinda gotta feeling TB is "lightening" the load for the move back to heaven...

You got that right. Glad to be rid of the Hummer as the company is no more and the vehicle essentially worthless. I have a company truck anyways. The Hummer payment now goes into the building of the new TB Particle Beam Transporter. I think I'll beam me and mrs. blues over to Lockhart for a little brisket and snausage!

I would think you'd be a little more green minded & get something more environmently friendly......

Nice truck...

Just after my last post in this thread, I got laid off. Perfect timing huh? Goofed off for a week and didn't even have time to file for unemployment and without even looking for it, landed an even better job for mo' money! 'Cept now, we only had one vehicle. The last two weeks I had been driving mrs. blues new truck (much to her chagrin). We had been looking online for a new/used work truck for moi and this last friday she got off early from work and went to check one out. She didn't just look though....she bought me an '09 Ford 150 XL. Used with only 3,750 miles on it. She got us a great deal! Yesterday we went down and I signed the paperwork and drove it home. YAAAAAAY!

Guess which one is hers....

IMG_2541.jpg

Cheers ya'll!

guess all I can say is SIZE DOES MATTER! lol! Not exactly the Ford Raptor I really wanted but both will do for now! :) just glad I get to drive my own truck to work tomorrow, instead of the Ped-egg that I have been driving around! really sweet of my boss to let us borrow a vehicle, but it's like driving a toy rather than a real vehicle! We have been truly blessed with TB's new job and now he has his own vehicle to cruise around town in for work!

ETA: Jezebel was a hell of a beautiful truck, but we absolutely hated the suicide doors and now LOVE the 4 door version! while the Lariat definately had it's other advantages like Nav and 6-CD changer, moon roof (that I never used), Snow White (for now) does have Sync, bluetooth hands free phone, both USB and Ipod ports for music and voice nav. the 4WD was just a bonus! it was the 4 doors that sold us (ok, me)!

Nice guys! Very happy to see you love birds happy! :D

Did you get the models that can transform and become one?

great looking truck TB...you are truly blessed to have Mrs. TB...

so, with the new job, does that mean you won't be coming back to Texas for now?

Note the skid marks in the driveway, TB'S are leaving.

TB'S lovely wives (plural) are coming right on home!

Congratulations on the new job and truck TB. I have been an owner of various Ford trucks since the early '70s and have never had a problem with any. They have always been great to me even when I didn't treat them so well.

The a/c is always on max. It's fine while driving. Get out of the vehicle and shut the motor off. Give it about 5 minutes to get well over 100 inside. I once had a thermometer for a motor oil cooler sitting on the seat. Got in the truck and it read 139F. That kind of heat will kill a pet or kid left unattended. It's a serious problem here in the big dry ditch and every year there are several incidences that end up tragically.

Congrats TB. Ain't good Karma the bomb!

I spent a few years in Vegas many moons ago and you're right, you do not mess with that heat.

Back