Whassssuuuuup' From Arkansas

Hey, I'm a pepper newbie. I've just started really liking spicy foods. I've always enjoyed gardening & really like growing peppers.

Out of curiosity I bought a cheap habanero plant (99 cents) from Wal-Mart last year and stuck it in the ground. I didn't really prepare the soil or anything. Just dug up a little patch in my yard and stuck the plant in it. I planted it beneath a big oak tree so it also didn't get much sun. And then I pretty much ignored the plant, only watering it occasionally and never fertilizing it. Amazingly, the plant thrived and produced a ton of beautiful habanero peppers. I made the mistake of picking a habanero one day and taking a small nibble of it. HOT! OMG! HOT! Big mistake. I spent 30 minutes with a ice cube on my lips and tongue.

So, guess what I'm growing this year? Habanero's and bhut jolokia's (I bought seeds for both off eBay). Can't wait to get them in the ground. I probably won't be able to eat either but I'm interested in making some hot powder and sauces. This forum looks like a good place to get ideas and share information. So, I'll be posting asking questions throughout the year. Hope y'all don't mind.

A little bit about me: Husband, Father of 2 boys, Working on my Master's in Education (be done in May!), Air Force Vet, Boll Weevil Alumni.

Wow, quick replies. I think I'm going to like this message board. Glad to hear from everyone.

Oh, and Go Hogs today!

MizNitch,

Welcome from Southfield Michigan.

May You Soul Rest In Peppers

here

4150732978_2acf096431_o.jpg

NJA

Quick question. Is there anyway to view replies to posts I've created and/or responded to quickly? So far, I've had to go to each thread and search for where I've been posting to see if I've got any replies. I figure there's got to be an easier way.

Welcome mate! At the top of any thread you will find "thread tools", click that and then subscribe to the thread ;)

Welcome from Fort Worth

Back