• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

what are the most common C. annuums to grow?

I would say cayennes and jalepenos but there would be plenty of others as well like all the ' bird' types etc

How about some Serranos and Poblanos? If you like sweet but flavorful, Marconi Rosso is a good one. I see Anaheims and Yellow Wax mentioned quite a bit on the forum.

Oh yeah, forgot about the wilds! Chiltepin and Tepin are popular as well!

It depends on the heat level that your seeking. A good producer is the medium heat 'Anaheims". But if your looking for a milder pepper try the 'Gypsy" that plant will have peppers producing all year til frost....been growing them for years. I allow them to ripen red but thats typically 50 to 60 days. Fastest maturing pepper I know of and a great thin wall stuffing pepper

Greg

In rough order of popularity (at least around New England):

Bell, Jalapeno, Cayenne, Poblano, Anaheim, Cubanelle, Cherry, Serrano, Long Hot, Hot Wax, New Mexico, Pepperoncini, Banana, Thai Hot, Tepin

People who grow a lot of Annuums don't usually grow for heat. The folks on here will tell you mainly hot ones, but the people that I've seen who grow vegetable gardens have mostly mild peppers. People in the Northeast don't always like it hot.

anything from burpee ;) just buy packs from them cause most everything is 98 cents - 1.48 and you usualy get 100 seeds in the package :) also check out http://seedsofindia.com to support a smaller company if your looking for annuums i would suggest them cause they have a nice selection of indian varieties and most everything they sell is annuum and there germination rates for me were 97.2% so i highly recomend them and you get about 100-200 seeds per pack from them too :)

This year mine are:

Biker Billy Jalapeno
Serrano Tampiqueno
Jaloro
Fresno
Giant Cayenne
Mariachi

I'm really looking forward to the Mariachi, I know AJ likes them from a few years back.

It depends on the heat level that your seeking. A good producer is the medium heat 'Anaheims". But if your looking for a milder pepper try the 'Gypsy" that plant will have peppers producing all year til frost....been growing them for years. I allow them to ripen red but thats typically 50 to 60 days. Fastest maturing pepper I know of and a great thin wall stuffing pepper

Greg

do you have any seeds of this that you'd be willing to trade?

Here in New Mexico its always the native NuMex Hatch green and red varieties, Mirasol, but alot of people grow jalapenos, poblanos and yellow hots. Here we go for heat but you can find mild varieties as well as Barkers Extra Hot. In the Annuums, I like to grow various Thai's, Pequins, and Cayennes.

Back