What Beer/Chili Combination Send You To Chili Nirvana !!

My Favourite Beer/ Chili combo is..

Corona/Sol With Jalas/Serranos

Guinness and datils..love em both

Can Part Be Of Meal/Snack But Which Combo Works For You...:mouthonfire:

I posted this a while ago, but Maredsous and orange habs are awesome. It may have been the gouda that tied it all together, though!

Kalik or Carib with scotch bonnets is a goodie
Negro Modelo with jalapenos/serranos is a righteous combo as well

If you pretty much keep regional food paired with the same region's beer, you're good to go in my opinion.

klyth said:
I posted this a while ago, but Maredsous and orange habs are awesome. It may have been the gouda that tied it all together, though!

My Apologies klyth didn't realize, just goes to show what where thinking of lol :)

Sickmont said:
If you pretty much keep regional food paired with the same region's beer, you're good to go in my opinion.
You could not be more correct.

I base all my cooking and meal selections based on what natives would have with it. Fried fish? Ale. Guinness? Guinness. (it is a meal in and of itself) Toe funk? Budweiser. Mexican? Corona/Negro Modelo/something citrusy. Japanese? Lager. Sausages? Anything German/Bavarian.

Now that my habs are ripening, I'm very much looking forward to a day filled with Habanero Poppers paired with a Troeg's Sunshine Pils.

Sierra Nevada or Dogfish Head and any pepper but bell.

LOL I remember the summer I graduated high school I was house sitting for a friend. Her mom had already moved but they hadn't sold the house yet, & my friend was going to an acting camp in Boston. My payment was $20 a week, anything growing in their garden, & I could help myself to the case of Bud Light in the fridge (my friend's mom was a total hippie & let us drink over there all the time). After all my chores were done @ the house (taking care of the cats, pulling weeds, watering the lawn & garden, & mowing the lawn) I would sit around watching TV & munch on fresh cayenne peppers & drink Bud Light w/ a little fresh tomato juice squeezed in.

Man...that sure does sound wonderful right now. Too bad none of the local grocery stores I know of sell fresh cayenne peppers :(.

since we're on beer...

what was that beer you guys were raving about recently? "green" something or something like that? Might be related to Dogfish head? i tried to remember, but i couldn't recall. I think it was a new beer or something.

Thx for the link Chuck,Must say that `Imperial IPA` sounds different gonna see if they order to u.k ..are just found somewhere in the u.k bringing it in..joy :)

Back