• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

What do you do for a living?

20+ year career in the petrochemical industry. Started off in nondestructive testing and worked my way up to API certified inspector for Dow chemical. I spent a large part of my career in a refining facility, so I've had experience in those, too. We saw a lot more fires and near misses in the refining side. The chem side has its dangers, but I don't miss the fires.

I was an industrial radiographer by trade.... AKA "X-Ray hand"

software architect/developer at oil/gas measurement company.
My manager told me it's time to pick a career track by end of year and i dunno (management or systems architect/designer or developer)

if i could find a nice 100% remote job i would rather that! (then i could move to us virgin islands and grow peppers year round hehe)

juanitos said:
software architect/developer at oil/gas measurement company.
My manager told me it's time to pick a career track by end of year and i dunno (management or systems architect/designer or developer)

if i could find a nice 100% remote job i would rather that! (then i could move to us virgin islands and grow peppers year round hehe)
Currently the wife and I both have 100% remote jobs...just need to be a reasonable distance from an airport ;) 

Ya ain't get paid cuz......................

fat_bastard_tb_mojo.jpg

Former professional chef, still doing part time catering. Currently working in construction for a major chemical facility contractor. Eventually I'll end up finishing my Physics degree but with a baby on the way I need to do more for her. And hopefully I'll get to start a Pepper Company. Eventually. Would love for it to be a family business.

ChileHeadCliff said:
Former professional chef, still doing part time catering. Currently working in construction for a major chemical facility contractor. Eventually I'll end up finishing my Physics degree but with a baby on the way I need to do more for her. And hopefully I'll get to start a Pepper Company. Eventually. Would love for it to be a family business.
 First off... :welcome:  to THP!!! Watch out for sicman... That guy is :crazy: !
Congrats on the kiddo! Boy or girl?

What kind of chef were you? Any specialties? Were you professionally trained? I, too, am a chef!

Like you, I'd love to open up a family business someday. Maybe a restaurant or sauce/salsa company. Grow my own produce to use at one or the other. Involve my family and daughter when she is old enough. That would be the life, wouldn't it?

I'm a gangster. Mostly slang n' bang but I can't say a few ho's haven't seen the back of my hand.

Long As I'm Alive!?! I'm Uh Live ILL-EAGLE

TrueNorthReptiles said:
 First off... :welcome:  to THP!!! Watch out for sicman... That guy is :crazy: !
Congrats on the kiddo! Boy or girl?

What kind of chef were you? Any specialties? Were you professionally trained? I, too, am a chef!

Like you, I'd love to open up a family business someday. Maybe a restaurant or sauce/salsa company. Grow my own produce to use at one or the other. Involve my family and daughter when she is old enough. That would be the life, wouldn't it?
Hi TrueNorthReptiles and thank you for the welcome! I worked as the head chef for a from scratch taqueria, saucier for a multimillion dollar restaurant and as a caterer for small dinner parties. Specializing in whatever I feel like learning at the time but my passion is BBQ, Latin cuisines, Southern (deep and west. Haha) and Cajun/Creole. I learned through the school of hard knocks and self taught hard earned lessons. And a daughter. I'm super excited for her arrival and so is Mommy dearest. And yes. But dreams are just goals that haven't been attempted. Haha. But we can do our best to make it happen for our kids. What about you? Any big specialties?

Back