• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

salads What is your Tuna Salad recipe?

Crap. I forgot the single best ingredient on a tuna fish sandwich.

POTATO CHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Hot Pepper said:
Crap. I forgot the single best ingredient on a tuna fish sandwich.

POTATO CHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah but what kind? Surely not plain potato chips

Salt & Vinegar!!!!

Or... (many choices)

grantmichaels said:

Don't get ahead of yourself, I'm still planning to try to make a pizza on my stove top using a carbon-steel skillet and the Searzall tonight ...

Go Go Gadget Searzall!

You forgot tomato soup classic combo
35iaddt.jpg

The Hot Pepper said:
Nice. What kinda olives?
THAT is the question.

Usually black, but depends on the type of pepper in the mix.

Just 1 pickled green olive sets off a superhot red pepper.

Note that I don't use a load of peppers in the mix, unless they are really mild.

Maybe 1/4 of a hab per can of tuna, much less of---say a yellow Moruga.

Never a pure strain Bhut.

Sweaty sock and fish smell????

Brings back horrific partial memories of things I can't quite remember from my overindulgent days. :shh:

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Herr's Old Bay chips....

HAHA no "Old Bay" in them, I bet it's the MSG you love!!!

Choice Potatoes Cooked in Vegetable Oil (Contains One or More of the Following: Cottonseed, Corn, Soybean) with Salt Added. No Preservatives Added. Seasoning: Paprika, and Other Spices, Salt, Maltodextrin, Sodium Diacetate, Monosodium Glutamate, Dextrose, Extractives of Spice.

The Hot Pepper said:

HAHA no "Old Bay" in them, I bet it's the MSG you love!!!

Choice Potatoes Cooked in Vegetable Oil (Contains One or More of the Following: Cottonseed, Corn, Soybean) with Salt Added. No Preservatives Added. Seasoning: Paprika, and Other Spices, Salt, Maltodextrin, Sodium Diacetate, Monosodium Glutamate, Dextrose, Extractives of Spice.
I was kidding, I don't eat that crap! 

MSG is good.

UMAMI!!!!

Americans fell for the "Chinese headache" BS and now it's a fear food.

I watch labels but don't fall for the fear/trend traps, and if you watch every damn thing, you can't even eat. And too many people getting their info from memes, lol. I'll see some meme with a stat and all the comments are "OMG I never knew that! Never eating that again!" And I'm like. Really? You get your info from a little pic someone made for FB? :lol: Wow.

Don't eat many myself. I like the kettle cooked variety, and the ones that curl up and have super crunch. And I'll get BBQ and add my own pepper powder.

Yeah if i was gonna put spicy stuff inside, deff pickled chillies never fresh. And afterwards i would put it in a food processor just to blend everything nicely (If peppers present)

Back