• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

salads What is your Tuna Salad recipe?

Oh man this is the most creative thread in a long time. And it all started with the brown bag tuna sandwich, lol.

By the way, do you know the trick of making the tuna sammie, and storing it in a brown bag at room temp to let all the flavors meld? It will really transport you back in time. Even the bread tastes like tuna, lol.

Chewi said:
No eggs in the Tuna! oh the HORRAH!!!!!!!

Totally.
My #1 requirement is:

Bumble Bee Solid White Albacore Tuna Gourmet Prime Fillet in Water

It's the *ONLY* tuna I'll eat.

I eat mine w/ either celery or salad cubes, and usually with Duke's with JHP Thai powder and Sriracha, which I'm not sure I've seen mentioned.

If I eat tuna with bread, I will only do so if there's also tomato present.

I really barely like tuna.

Oh that other stuff, chunk light or whatever they call it, is like cat food. It's all the scraps and fatty pieces and smells just horrid. It also turns to brown mush. Just horrid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BigB said:
Oh, and not to deviate from "tuna salad" but while we're on the topic of mixing flesh with mayo....After I make broth from a 2 whole chickens, I take off all the flesh and make some pretty dank chicken salad with bacon fat reserved from cooked benton's bacon. Speaking of which, if you want to ruin your bacon experience forever (by trying the best) and try real bacon, order some from benton's. It's perfectly cured and smoked with i believe hickory and sometimes apple wood. Definitely worth the order. Every time I let my friends try it they hate me because they can no longer enjoy bacon unless it's benton's. I also got a text from my friend today saying he's going mad because he's craving bacon at work and we haven't placed a new order yet for both of us. http://shop.bentonscountryham.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=hscb

\m/

Grass Snake said:
I thought Dafuq was a fine delicacy or something. googled it LOL
I sprinkle a little bit of dafuq on my tuna sandwich.

:rofl:

grantmichaels said:
Thanks. Check this out then: http://www.cottagelanekitchen.com/cottagelanekitchen/Products.html
THPA winning pepper relish.

muskymojo said:
LOL. That's exactly what went through my head.

Salad cubes...
Heh, right? Glad is wasn't!

Bacon just works on tuna salad. They have the tuna club at diners by you? Still on topic.

It's best when the bacon is still warm.

Back