• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

What made you smile today?

Rymerpt said:
About laughed my ass off. At a light in front of Walmart I saw a 400 lb lady wearing bady blue pajamas with dinasour print on them. She was strutting like a CEO.
cartman-sees-the-future.png

I played a prank on my sister, mother and others on Facebook. Did it late last night, people are realizing it this morning.

My father died earlier this year. So I hacked into his Facebook account last night and updated his status to, "I didn't know they had WiFi up here!". My sister and mother are losing their minds!

My car broke down the other night on my way home from work. There had been a recall on the throttle bodies but all they did was make some computer adjustments. Well the second my car started coasting and my wrench light came on I just knew that was it. 

Well I was on a country road with steep ditches and no shoulder so I had no choice but to creep along at 1/2 mile an hour until I could get a 1/4 mile down the road to the nearest lot to pull into. 

Was happy and lucky to find out the insurance company covers towing. 

Found out that while my recall notice was expired, they extended the warranty on the throttle bodies to 10 years 150k miles. I had 64k miles and my power train warranty expired at 60k.

Had my vehicle towed to the dealership, they told me it would be $120 for diagnostics unless they found something that was under warranty. 

They called me a few hours later and that my vehicle was ready to for pick up, they replaced the throttle body, did some other recall work (reprogramed powersteering) and that I didn't have to pay a cent out of pocket.

That made me smile. 

I went home for lunch today, cut up a small habanero to add to my helping of chilli con carne.

Sitting at work now sucking on my fingers to enjoy the last bit of burn.......

cone9 said:
My younger son, soon the be 17, going to school dressed as  banana.
My fraternity used to do that every Halloween then bar crawl lol.
Imagine seeing 20 bananas walk into a bar. And one guy would dress as the chaquita lady.

Knowing I get to watch my son swim in a big meet all weekend has me smiling though. There will be some great competition, which always brings out the best in him.

Back