• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

what part of your mouth burns so much it's hard to eat?

heat in what part of your mouth makes it most difficult for you to eat?

• lips

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • tip of tongue

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • sides of tongue

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • top of tongue

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • back of throat

• gums

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • combination of more than one area

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • no level of heat can stop me

• I don't eat food that hot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • it's the sweating, runny nose and watering eyes that stops me

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
like most here I love the burn, but what part of your mouth/throat burns so much that you struggle to eat your meal?

for me, it's generally when the sides of my tongue get so hot that it sort of quivers. that's when each mouthful of food becomes it's own challenge - sort of like Paul Newman in Cool Hand Luke when he was struggling to eat those last few eggs and he had to take each one on, slowly, deliberately, until he reached his goal.

Ah the beautiful burn!:) The only time peppers bother me is when I eat them by themselves and when it's at the level of a Naga/Savina type, and it's always in the same spot on the back of my throat. It feels like someone is aiming a blow torch inside my mouth ;):mouthonfire:

Now, see, it's the tip of my tongue. It starts burning so intensely that I have to stop. Maybe that's why I can't eat as hot as you goofuses, it burns as soon as I get it in my mouth.

my problem is the corner of my lips. the rest of me burns but its the lips that make it haed to open the mouth. virgen skin there. the mouth burn i enjoy its the only time i can get away with crying because men don't cry.i love the instant hiccups, gushing nose, drooling, abnormal sweating and feeling like you just put out the after burn of an f-14 with your tounge. it lets you know your alive

I chose "combination of more than one area "..

I think if you eat to much it really hurts more when it comes out the other side.. lol..

i too chose a combination. if it gets too hot for me to continue, i can't really tell where it's coming from exactly..it just burns. :lol:

Back of the throat but it usually wont stop me ... a couple more beers and Im back -- it becomes a challenge to myself

I'm the opposite. My favourite sauces are the ones that surprise you by getting past your tongue without much damage, only to turn into an inferno soon after you have swallowed. I don't like the ones that flame your tongue, as it stops me from enjoying the flavour. I can eat them, but it's just not as enjoyable.

I only voted No level of heat can stop me because so far I've not had the naga.
I'm sure there are sauces out there that could bring me to my knees, but so far I've not had the chance to sample them.
I'm anxious to push my threshold up from where it now is.

So, not bragging with my vote, it's just a snapshot of what I can handle of the peppers/sauces I've tried.

I voted voted No level of heat can stop me cuz ive yet to meet my match(so far )lol mind you in the vote the dredded ring of fire shoulda been there too..Alot of peeps I know wont eat spicy because quote--it hurts too much coming out--lol

Canuk Pepperhead said:
I voted voted No level of heat can stop me cuz ive yet to meet my match(so far )lol mind you in the vote the dredded ring of fire shoulda been there too..Alot of peeps I know wont eat spicy because quote--it hurts too much coming out--lol

I don't think that should have been included as an option. The question was, which type of burn do you find hardest to get down. That we are on this forum is likely proof that we all force it down and keep going, but each person has different preferences for where the heat is felt.

For me, when my tongue is ablaze, it just ticks me off. Where as if my throats on fire, then I just want to keep eating.:hell:

Its the tip of the tongue for me...it gets all itchy and i scratch it on my top teeth. So long as I can take the edge off, like with a little swig of water,or even inhaling cool air over it slowly, I'm fine until the next wave hits. Problem is that once I've taken the edge off I'm into another bite, chasing that dragon.

I have been gradually increasing my tolerance
My head sweats even though the heat hasn't crossed into the pain threshold, I want to reduce the sweating but can't seem to

lennyk said:
I have been gradually increasing my tolerance
My head sweats even though the heat hasn't crossed into the pain threshold, I want to reduce the sweating but can't seem to

sit in a coolroom, naked with a fan on you, should reduce the sweating.

being bald, a good hot meal really gets the head sweating for me. not the forehead, more right on top of the dome. those of you who are a little more hirsuit probably don't realise if this happens to you also.

Back