• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

What to plant in my 20 gallon pot

shayneyasinski said:
I had a thread about pot sizes that I was hoping would end up a sticky as I forget what size to use .

I know that my jalapenos did no better in a 5 gallon than a 1 gallon but nagas did almost nothing in my gallon containers and the ones that were in 5 gallon containers were huge and produced very well.

the 20 gallon may be overkill in any case but maybe 3 to 5 nagas would not only fill the pot but be a good way to keep them from wind damage as well.

Same here, last year my Jals and Cayennes grew just as well in gallon containers as they did in 3 gal.

One naga plant may be enough;)
1336408753_17ed9bca76.jpg

Txclosetgrower said:
Do you have green bell pepper seed for trade? I have ultra-rare Red jalapeno seeds if you're interested.

You guys are killing me...:lol:

Aw, once again..I passed 3600 posts and didn't realize it..haha!

I have a 4 big twenty gallon plus pots that I planted 3 of each, Fatalli, Bishop's Hat, Goat's weed, and Lemon Drop. I wanted to keep my C. Chinense peppers in their own 4 gallon nursery containers. I have 13 Fatalli in every kind of conatiner including the big terra-cotta. I totally agree with butchT in that my Scorpion and 7 Pod are some of the biggest plants I grow. You also don't know in the spring what plant will have the best vigor to overwinter so keep your options open.

POTAWIE said:
Its half a pickled pepper barrel which was originally filled with Golden Greek pepperoncinis

did you just burry the entire bin into the ground ?

if so, did you have to put holes into the barrel for drainage ? ( silly question )

Hotpeppa said:
did you just burry the entire bin into the ground ?

if so, did you have to put holes into the barrel for drainage ? ( silly question )

Its got holes just like a regular pot. It was half burried because the plant was very top-heavy and tall/tippy when I had it supported. The pic is after I untied all stakes and let it loose

wow,

thats a monster of a plant P...

do you get alot of flower drop when your plants begin to flower ?

i know its normal for a little to happen, but it seems like its happening to all of my flowers... its seems like they dont have enough juice to make pods..

Hotpeppa said:
wow,

thats a monster of a plant P...

do you get alot of flower drop when your plants begin to flower ?

i know its normal for a little to happen, but it seems like its happening to all of my flowers... its seems like they dont have enough juice to make pods..

Do you really want them making pods in April? I want my plants to grow in April and May, maybe even June. Make pods after that. My best harvests are in August, September and even October. Patience.

bigt said:
Do you really want them making pods in April? I want my plants to grow in April and May, maybe even June. Make pods after that. My best harvests are in August, September and even October. Patience.

Im not really worried about producing so early in the game..just want to make sure its nothing out of the ordinary...

Patience is key !:lol:

That's just one Naga? Holy blankety blank Batman! I'd like to see the roots on that bad boy.

Kimmy you make a decision yet?

Back