• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

What to plant next?

First year I grew Jalepenos & Cayennes. The second year I grew Jalapenos, Serranos, Tabasco, Thai Hot, and Habeneros.
What should I try next spring?

I would recommend trying the Yellow 7 Pod/Pot. I believe I have a few seeds I could share. If you are interested PM me. Maybe also the Chocolate Bhut? For a lesser heat I enjoyed the Thai Orange this past season. I don't however have any seeds of that variety to share. I am going to have to pick some more up for next season.

First year I grew Jalepenos & Cayennes. The second year I grew Jalapenos, Serranos, Tabasco, Thai Hot, and Habeneros.
What should I try next spring?

You could probably get your hands on some Datil's being from Florida. But for a 1st choice I'd plant some Scotch Bonnets. They're great tasting raw, sauced or pickled.

Greg

that is a tough question! what heat and flavor level do you enjoy is where this journey should start!

I have a Habenero on my sandwich at work everyday, so I'm ready to go up the scale.

are you buying your plants or starting from seed...

All of my plants are Bonnie Plants bought from Lowes/Home Depot. I'll need to plant from seed if I want anything hotter.

I would recommend trying the Yellow 7 Pod/Pot. I believe I have a few seeds I could share.

Thanks for the offer, but I don't have anything worth trading. You could tell me a good website to get some seeds though.

I would recommend Chocolate Habanero, Fatalii, and maybe a 7 Pot...all of which are readily available from the members here...I think I have some of each if you want them...pm me...

Back