• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

What tomatoes are you growing in 2016?

Currently Growing (still green tomatos haven't tested yet except the groundcherries which are very rewarding)

Purple Tomatillo
Aunt molly's Ground Cherrys
Ivory Pear Tomato
Fahrenheit Blues Tomato
White Wonder Tomato
Dances with Smurfs Tomato
San Marzano Tomato
Garden Peach Tomato

Tomatos I planted this last week:

Pink Oxheart Tomato
Honeydrop Cherry Tomato
Opalka Tomato
Cosmic Eclipse Tomato

Awesome!  I cannot wait to start my tomatoes... I will be giving them the deluxe treatment starting with light warrior germination media and then supplementing with seastart foliar sprays and neptune's harvest fish and seaweed blend root drenches.  In addition to the 170 varieties on my list, I will also be growing 5 varieties for the dwarf project.

Hey Noah... that's a LOT of tomatoes. love a homegrown tomato

I just started 12 Cherokee Purple, 12 Chocolate cherries & 12 Pink Brandywine. That's all I have room for.
although that Hungarian Oxheart looks delicious, got to get some seeds for that.

Yesterday I placed an order for some grafted tough boy and cherokee purple plants.  I will also be growing both of those varieties from seed, so we'll have ourselves a little showdown. 

costoluto genovese
costoluto fiorentino
green zebra (always grow this one)
BRandywine Sudduth
KBX
Black Cherry
Carbon
Jazz
Spike
Sungold 
Maglia Rosa
Aunt Ruby German Green
Dester
George Detsikas Italian Red

Hi,

where would you guys recommend to get Hungarian Oxheart and Copper River seeds?
just separated my tomato and pepper seedlings and think that I should add these 2 varieties.

Thanks,

Sy

Between Tatiana's Tomatoes, Delectation of tomatoes, etc, Tomato Growers Supply, Heritage Market, Reimers, and Totally Tomatoes you will find almost every tomato that is not proprietary.  There are other excellent vendors too... I was satisfied with the service with each vendor from my list, but the two that stand out to me are Delectation of Tomatoes, etc for having one of the largest selections as well as some of the best prices... and the sample seed shop at heritage market for their freebies even with small orders! (which I always love)  

My wife just ordered somewhere between 8-10 different heirlooms. When they arrive I'll update the list. I have no idea where I'll be planing them I'm running out of real estate lol. I'm going to be using 5-10 gallon containers most likely

She ordered the following:

Oxheart orange
Pink Oxheart
Dixie Golden Giant
Indigo Apple
Cout di blue

I planted some Sun Golds I picked up at a local nursery as well. The Black Krims, Brandywines, Oregon early , Cherokee purple and Yellow Pears will be planted this weekend from the seeds I grew as they will be hardened off by then. So that will give me 10 varieties and tomatoes coming out of my ears this year. The wifey should be really happy as that is her favorite thing in the garden are tomatoes.

My order with the coppers they gave me some free Virginia Sweets. The reviews are great on this tomato. I'll be planting some after the rains this weekend.

where are you guys getting these fancy tomato strains?

Are the flavor variance worth working for the rare stuff?

dd

ColdSmoke said:
where are you guys getting these fancy tomato strains?

Are the flavor variance worth working for the rare stuff?
I got mine at tradewindsfruits.com   they got a large tomato selection.

Back