• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

And how did it turn out?

I was in the mood for wings, but wasn't going to do anything fancy, just wanted something quick using what was in the house. Baked the wings in the oven with a dry rub of cayenne, Death Rain, pepper, and bih jolokia powder (from Muso2112). Took them out and coated with Cap'n's savina sauce. Pretty good for a quick meal.

After seeing GIP's TD entry, I decided to give gravéd eggs a try. I like when I put an over-easy egg on pulled pork, so thought I'd like this, too. Pork country ribs lightly salted and sprinkled with cayenne, browned, then covered with a mix of enchilada sauce, brown sugar, cumin, marjoram, ginger, mexican oregano, allspice, and water enough to cover the pork. (Think of a rif on barbecue sauce, in case you're not putting the enchilada sauce and brown sugar together in your mind.) This is the beginning, after browning but before fully covering in sauce. Brought it to a boil then covered, turned the heat down to simmering, and let the pork cook about 2 hours.

porkegg1.jpg

Once the pork was done cooking, I removed it from the sauce and kept warm. Returned the sauce to a boil and reduced to a thick consistency. Shredded the pork a bit then spooned on some sauce and then topped with a couple of the gravéd eggs.

porkegg2.jpg

I don't normally use a lot of salt, so the gravé process added way more salt than I am used to. However, I am glad I got to try something new. Good, though salty, food there!

gasificada said:
Bacon, Chilli and Caramelised Onion pizza for dinner:

P7QGxOV.jpg

Mmmm... mozarella.....

jdmmeG2.jpg

Store bought base. Thin and crispy style.

Used aioli and peri peri mayo for sauce.

Didn't turn out too bad!
hey what's goin on here :think:                    :crazy:
 I had Bacon and onion Pizza (with grilled chicken though) on that same blue plate for dinner tonight  :lol:    

:cheers:     

Pineapple habanero pork (country style ribs)

1 can pineapple juice concentrate
3 orange habs finely chopped and seeded
Oops almost forgot i added 1 Tsp of my lemon drop powder too
5 All spice berries
5 Whole clove
(Both ground)
Pinch of 5 Spice
1 Tbs honey
1 Tbs raw sugar
2 Tbs LKK double fermented soy sauce
1 Tbs Chinese cooking wine
1 Tbs rice wine vinegar
2 Tbs granulated onion
1 Tbs minced garlic
1 Tsp salt
1/2 Tsp white pepper

Cooked i all down and slightly thicken with sweet rice flour slurry

This sauce it not nearly as sweet as you might imagine. It is very tangy though. The pork was "sweat" first with some sugar for an hour and then some additional LKK. Ive read that this helps with the red bark so i gave it a try. It went in a 350F oven 25min ago so..... NO DAMN PICS YET!!!!! :dance:

The Hot Pepper said:
Classic underrated show!

I was waiting in the checkout line at Menard's the other day and got a pleasant surprise. Right on the top of one of their giant bargain bins of DVDs they had the complete 9 disc set of NewsRadio marked down to $5. I think I kind of scared the woman in line behind me with how quickly I grabbed it.
     I think it was the best sitcom ever, at least until Phil Hartman's crazy wife murdered him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pKH3minxUM

Char Siu with my best Koshihikari rice topped with Katsuo Fumi Furikaki...Fancy name for (Shaved bonito, sesame seed, sugar, salt, soy sauce (water, soy bean, wheat, salt), seaweed) seasoning
Radish and Kohlrabi "kkaktugi"...but technically it should be cubed..I think i made this one in February?

It was not very spicy so i made up a little hoisin, honey with a little hab powder. Those are the drops you see on the pork.
P1020734_zpsell8hiow.jpg

P1020738_zpskbjg8gbe.jpg

Back