• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

Whats on your sammich?

This is mine for the day... :D

eggz_eated.jpg

heres my sandwich, top to bottom...
Sour dough
spicy brown mustard
lettuce
tomato
white onion
turkey breast
bacon
dill pickels
swiss
cayenne peppers (sliced, with seeds)
tobasco sauce
sour dough

then you grill that sob with a sandwich press till its crispy and warm throughout mmmmmm good stuff right there...

Sammich's and boxing on TV just seem to go together. Last night I tried to poison myself with a cheese jalapeno bagel with jalapeno mustard, 2 pineapple rings, a fistful of black forest ham, 1 habanero, 4 douches of my own hab sauce and topped with sharp cheddar and melted in the toaster oven. I took the thang out of the toaster oven and accidently spilled a shot of Don Julio tequila all over the 'thang. AAAIIIIIYYYYEEEEE!! Cinco de Mayo came early..viva la sammich!

Cheers, TB.

texas blues said:
Sammich's and boxing on TV just seem to go together. Last night I tried to poison myself with a cheese jalapeno bagel with jalapeno mustard, 2 pineapple rings, a fistful of black forest ham, 1 habanero, 4 douches of my own hab sauce and topped with sharp cheddar and melted in the toaster oven. I took the thang out of the toaster oven and accidently spilled a shot of Don Julio tequila all over the 'thang. AAAIIIIIYYYYEEEEE!! Cinco de Mayo came early..viva la sammich!

Cheers, TB.

Did you say 'douches' of hab sauce? Doesn't that hurt like hell? Isnt there another thread about that around here?

Sickmont said:
Did you say 'douches' of hab sauce? Doesn't that hurt like hell? Isnt there another thread about that around here?

Dude, I couldn't say a splash as that was too small an amount..and I couldn't come up with another word that is appropos. Perhaps "douching" sauce will catch on. Sounded better than "four splooges of hot sauce..."

Cheers, TB.

texas blues said:
Dude, I couldn't say a splash as that was too small an amount..and I couldn't come up with another word that is appropos. Perhaps "douching" sauce will catch on. Sounded better than "four splooges of hot sauce..."

Cheers, TB.

Hmmm.....'splooges' does sound a hell of a lot funnier though....at least you didnt say 'spooges':shocked:

No a douche of sauce is the funniest god damned thing I have ever heard.;)

Next time at subway when they ask me how much mustard...."Oh I love mustard! Give me a whole freaking douchefull!".

Ahem...

GRILLED SUB......

French baguette, sliced lengthwise, hot cappicola, thin sliced sandwich pepperoni, ham, mozzerella, provalone, oregano, basil, sliced pickled habs, olives, mayo, mustard, italian dressing.

Grill the meat on one side, flip it and place the cheese on top of the just flipped up hot side, spatula that onto the bottom bun, place all other ingredients in and top it.

Grill the whole sandwich until barely toasted and flip. Repeat.

Be sure to let the pepperoni hang over the edge of the bread so that the outside edge gets nice and toasted!

cheezydemon said:
Ahem...

GRILLED SUB......

French baguette, sliced lengthwise, hot cappicola, thin sliced sandwich pepperoni, ham, mozzerella, provalone, oregano, basil, sliced pickled habs, olives, mayo, mustard, italian dressing.

Grill the meat on one side, flip it and place the cheese on top of the just flipped up hot side, spatula that onto the bottom bun, place all other ingredients in and top it.

Grill the whole sandwich until barely toasted and flip. Repeat.

Be sure to let the pepperoni hang over the edge of the bread so that the outside edge gets nice and toasted!

Dude i wished you lived next door and i could eat that sandwich..that just sounds devine :)

What isn't on it....

kk, store-bought $5.99 sub...15" LONG, 3 meats, one cheese.

Look at that meat...its so ju8icy, it made the top bun red with its carnal juice.

ANd, I pile on morre sheet....oh yessss.

S6301869.JPG

And, Shayne the godly man, sent these:

shayne-peppers.jpg

doood, you managed to send fresh pods!!
Jeeeeeebus X-tra crispy!

and I cna add..whatever I want. ;)

Shayne is the MAN.

Ty bro, they shall be eaten. ANd, I'll have witnesses from THP. ;P

Kids, those are flat-out real pods. don't know how he did it, but he did.

Mother of FLovk

TippyCelt, and GNil. wil be here after the 22nd, tip is on his last trip from the UK for several yrs.. AND we shall eat them ALL on video. Ty shane, you rock highly...we ddint have fresh and you saved us.

You da man.

*manly hugs*

Ya wanan show in Spokane near the 22nd..we'll make ya forget what country ya live in..for sure.

Yer our fuk9ng hero.

Respek.

ANd, if they aint hot...well... we wont talk about that...won't go well. ;)

qs

Chiliac said:
I took me a minute to figure out that it says Naga on the pack in the upper right! Anyway --- enjoy!!!!!!!!

Oh doh..yeah left is obvios CR hab, right is naga morich, and the t. scorp. Yes. one does hava tail.

I already gave away the medium Morich to me gal pal at store...she a chilehead in training and will eat it. ;P

Spreading da love...hope ya dont mind mang..but I wnt to maximise.

She is same store that may order Nutz for the new expanded store....I gotta work it fro sake of a fellow chilehead.

Shayne, yopu will get not jusdt me, but others...eating those on video. You can bet yer ass. Tippy is my oldest friend, and a seriuos chilehead. He grows too, butr cnt brng from uk.

I don't lie. We will et those chiles. I've already told a man who flew from UK.

dammit, now i want to eat some.

fukall, i thank you shane...yer a gentleman.
Some time,we'll hava brew and talk peppers, eh?

Yes. i'd do the mamba.

Alas...the Red Habs while very sweet and tasty, had zero heat. :lol:

Waiting for Wed. for Tippy to show up for the others as they are pretty small to dissect 'em.

Here's hoping they have some kick to 'em.
1.gif

Damn camera battery low on dylithium crystals...but last night I did slice up some pork tenderloin and added black forest ham, swiss, mustard, dill pickles and layed it all out on a mini bagette. Cubano heaven baby! Went down easy with my hab sauce.

Cheers ya'll, TB.

Oh, as a followup...The naga and scorpion were killer!

Thanks much shayneyasinski!!

The five of us really liked the change to experience new chiles..some more than others of course... :D

Esp. the Scorpion..really a different kins of heat. I wish we'd taken more video, but we were fairly hammerd most of the time..lol

There is a clip of some of the results of the Scorpion here: http://www.darkgrid.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=81

More pic of gnildir's bhuts/naga morich and the peppers from Shayne:

http://www.darkgrid.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=63

Gnil's Pickled Bhuts: FANTASTIC and HOTTTT!
http://www.darkgrid.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=64

woohoo!

-QS

Back