• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Whats Up For You This Growing Week?

AlabamaJack

eXtreme
thought this might be a good thread that we all could post what we do to our plants...

example:

today, I have to transplant a tray of Tabascos...probably 50 or so...there are some others that will be transplanted before the week is out...

Hardening off has begun for me and I will move 41 trays (18 containers each) outside for the day...moving these trays each day is good because I know which ones need water by the weight of the trays...

I'm starting Chiltepin seeds from a friend :) and watching my Simojoval, Parado, and Chiltepe's put out a second set of leaves. I will also put up another shop light with 3000K bulbs.

While we're at it, I am also wondering if the seeds in baggies (paper towels or coffee filters) from 02/14 will ever germinate .... it's been a month already.

I only give mine 3 weeks in seed starting soil or until the tray they are in gets transplanted, sometimes 4 weeks...

gotta go to the local nursery and prepare to get robbed...9 dollars a 40 qt bag for the mix I transplant to...and I need at least 10 of them...got probably around 800-900 that will need to be transplanted within the next two weeks...

I'm hoping to start the rest of my tomatoes this week, and as always I'll be doing lots of transplanting and lots of aphid control. I also have been spending quite a bit of time moving plants in and out of the greenhouse on sunny days and this should continue for a few more weeks until I start heating the GH at night

I will be sowing my wilds and herb and maters in under a week right now i am hardening off soem of my chinense's and will have my hydro setup done on wednesday!!
hey pot i have been fighting aphids for a couple weeks now and every dya i check they are always back i neem and soap sprayshould i just keep being persistant or somethign else i should do.
going into the hydro system is finally finallized, Chocolate Habalokia, Haba Pink, Chocolate Scorpion and Black Naga

Sowing tomatoes, cucumbers, tomatillos, squash, bells, jalapenos, tobascos, numex big jim, cayenne, and some more but I cannot find my list right now.

My plants got a dose of poo-tea last night and put outside again this morning. It's been cloudy or raining for the past several days, so I'm hoping for sun soon.

I have them all loaded in the back of a small pickup now, so I drive them out in the morning and return then to the garage in the evening, but with no sun they aren't growing much.

My tomatoes and later pepper starts in the grow box indoors will get some weak tea today and whispered promises of an outdoor sun party.

I'll be trying to hook up with a landscaper friend to get ahold of small (3-4") pots and large (5 gal) pots. Some starts will be ready for transplant soon, so I'll also build another light rack for another fluorescent.

2 quick questions-
For those who sell starts, how much do you sell them for?
When potting up to large pots, do you take into consideration the variety of plant? Meaning...bhuts can grow really tall so maybe put them in 7-10 gal, while Thai's are smaller so keep them in 5 gal or less?

Silver_Surfer said:
I have them all loaded in the back of a small pickup now, so I drive them out in the morning and return then to the garage in the evening, but with no sun they aren't growing much.

That's a great idea! I'd probably do the same if I had a similar situation. I'm only dealing with a few trays at a time and I've started leaving them out at night. The nights are still dipping into the mid-40s but I've got a mini greenhouse up with a 25 gallon water tank keeping my plants comfy at night.

So what's my plan for this week? Move a mixed tray of tomato, pepper, and basil out to the greenhouse. Transplant some C. Chinese and get them ready for the outdoors. Move some random starts into 2.5 inch containers. Hit the outdoor plants with a copper solution and check for aphids. I'm also rejuvenating my old soil and getting new spaces ready. I'll also pick up a big load of potting soil, mix in some lime and organics and fill up the containers. The containers will sit outside for a couple weeks before they get planted. Oh yeah, I need to take a few more Thai basil cuttings and start some more Aji Lemon Drops.

Unfortunately, I'm in Manhattan on business, so the only activity for my plants this week is HOPING my wife remembers to water them tomorrow...

Im trying to germinate some bih jolokias and some heirloom tomatoes this week. The Bih's are my third attempt.
Meanwhile, keeping a close eye on some goronong, 7pods, choc habs, hybrid tomatoes seedlings.

finished potting up the last of my 100 red cups. bought a new light and am getting ready to start potting up my 60 keepers to 1 gallon containers by weeks end. If I can pull this off I'm going to have some huge plants to start off with come plant out time.

Watering and moving plant all around to share the best indoor light. Still very cold and not going to rush my plant out date around April 15. Looking back my plant seem to be behind years past but is a good thing. Lots of messing with the plants cannot wait for the move outside in another month. Hurt my lower back so just taking it easy the last few day, feeling better now.

I transfered some tomatoes last night to soil, thats about it, other than watching them grow. No more planting of new seeds, Im done or I will loose my happy home. LOL

Hardening some seedlings to get them out of the family room (and make my wife happy). It's been in the 40's at night but up here in the hills the sun can be intense even in the cold; The clouds moved away when I wasn't watching so I fried a bunch pretty quick the other day.

Prepping for more germinating, which I may do thru spring. These new sprouts may not do much fruit wise this year but I plan to over-winter the best of all anyway.

Noshownate said:
hey pot i have been fighting aphids for a couple weeks now and every dya i check they are always back i neem and soap sprayshould i just keep being persistant or somethign else i should do.

They are persistant buggers. I check every single plant every day and usually have to spray them every couple of days(rotation of soap, neem, pyrethrum, chile/garlic). I may buy ladybugs again this year, but my plants will be in the greenhouse soon and the ladybugs seem to like it a bit warmer

goin away for the weekend so I"m moving the little fellers to the dining room table, lots of sun in there, and I can temperarly shut down the grow house, only untill I get back though.

repotted my scorpions yesterday, planted Aji Limons and fatalis last week. want to plant the other two fatali seeds and some habs this week. wishing I had got serranos since AJ said they are a good balance to scorpions in a pepper blend. Thinking that the scorpion powder will mostly be pest control for future pepper plants...unless I get "stung" and like it! (beekkeeper reference)

Back