• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

favorite What's your favorite Burger joint?

And at BK you can "Have it your way." :rofl:

favorite burger joint would have to be my kitchen  :P  2nd favorite would be a place here called the newcastle publick house. Best burger I can go out and buy imo. They make one called the PBR bbq burger. in house made pbr bbq sauce, local beef, in house made brioche bun, thick cut bacon,cheddar, you can have it with or without their pulled pork. freaking awesome. 

Any of the Bud's Broiler locations around New Orleans, but the original in City Park is the best.

For me a good burger is as much about the location as the taste. In SF I will always hit up the INO near Fisherman's Wharf. When on the road in Tennessee it has to be Krystal just for the ease of eating while driving. Whataburger in Texas is a natural.

And some great burgers just don't exist anymore. Like Ted's Frost Top in Laplace, Louisiana, or Ray's Hell Burger in Arlington VA.

Here's a cool list of 11 burgers worth the hype:
http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives/2011/11/11-burgers-that-are-worth-the-hype.html
Shake Shack's first on list woohoo!

TB, just for you, a list of overhyped burgers... INO :P
http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/columnist/greatamericanbites/2013/08/01/great-american-bites-in-n-out-burger-western-usa/2601151/

"The very basic, thin fast-food patties housed in generic buns are nearly identical to those at McDonald's or Burger King. What does set them apart are the trimmings, as the chain emphasizes freshness."

NYC wins! Unless you are judging lettuce freshness. :P

:lol:

Grass Snake said:
In N Out tastes like week old Hardee's that fell on the week un-mopped floor, oh, but the lettuce is nice and crisp.

:rofl:

Grass Snake said:
I was trying to put a picture of a bunny eating lettuce and it didnt happen but that works too
They actually make a lettuce burger at INO! They are all about the lettuce there.

in_n_out_lettuce_burger.jpg

bunny_lettuce.jpg

Haha, 'murrican superfoods. It is healthy because it has lettuce on it.

On the other hand.. It actually is low on carbs. That kinda compensates for the processed cheese and processed meatproduct.

Lucky Dog Hot Sauce said:
Sorry I'm late to the topic...so, it seems the gist is that Scovie likes dicks. 

Noted. 

:rofl:

We have a small small chain (like 3-4 restaurants) of "Sam's Superburgers" - they have a bacon double cheeseburger that's flippin outstanding. 
Being from Hayward my favorite burger is the mama at Vals. And their ribeye steak sandwich is off the hook. What do you think about Vals ?
Here is a good link and review of Vals. I've been going there since the early 70's.

http://thehamblogger.com/2677/vals-burgers-hayward-ca/

Here in Edinburgh we have this awesome place called Wannaburger - it only recently opened up in the city center and their piri-piri fries are amazing! (the burgers are very good too)

I remember in November they were selling a burger called the 'Guy Fawkes' which was absolutely delicious. After googling it, I found the ingredient list.

• Jalapeno Mustard
  • Nachos
  • Smoked Streaky Bacon
  • Monterey Jack Cheddar
  • Scotch Beef
  • Red Jalapenos
  • Sliced Pickles
  • Juicy Vine Tomatoes
  • Hand-leafed Lettuce
  • Mayonnaise
If anyone here ever comes to Scotland, you gotta try one of their burgers.
:dance:

Back