Whats your plan for next season?

Kinda curious as to what you will or will not do. What have you learned this season, that will help you next year?

Me, Keep my seedling from getting so wet they grow slowly in a puddle of ooze. Get my soil tested this year, just to see if I'm in the ballpark.
Going to try and grow 10 varieties I never had. Use more airpots and see how that turns out and be able to move some out of the sweltering sun that took a toll on some plants.

i am going to see if my season is year round! :) i definately learned about correct watering, and that i do not like orange habs, oh yeah and DWC if done right can save a stunted over watered plant and get it back growing in 3-4 weeks!

I will be germinating the same way I did this season.. But I am going to plant 2 plants per 10 gallon aero pot and getting a shade cloth... I am planning on buying about 20 aero pots... In have on hand 16 different varieties of seeds, with two more on the way (peach bhuts and comstock purple).. gonna grow about 6... but in a few of the aero pots I am going to put some plant that I am going to twist together... I am pretty sure I am going to twist together a chocolate bhut with my chocolate scorpions... and also twisting a peach bhut and a fatalii... should be interesting I am going to be setting it up something like this....

Untitled2.png

The seeds I have right now are:
Chocolate Trinidad Scorpion
Chocolate Bhut Jolokia
NuMex Big Jim
Yellow Fatalii
Chiltepin
Wiri Wiri
Red Scotch Bonnet
Brazilian Starfish
Aji Limon
Red Cherio
Datil
Trinidad Perfume
Tabasco
7 Pot Brain Strain
Cayenne
Biquinho Iracena

I will be germinating the same way I did this season.. But I am going to plant 2 plants per 10 gallon aero pot and getting a shade cloth... I am planning on buying about 20 aero pots... In have on hand 16 different varieties of seeds, with two more on the way (peach bhuts and comstock purple).. gonna grow about 6... but in a few of the aero pots I am going to put some plant that I am going to twist together... I am pretty sure I am going to twist together a chocolate bhut with my chocolate scorpions... and also twisting a peach bhut and a fatalii... should be interesting I am going to be setting it up something like this....

Untitled2.png

The seeds I have right now are:
Chocolate Trinidad Scorpion
Chocolate Bhut Jolokia
NuMex Big Jim
Yellow Fatalii
Chiltepin
Wiri Wiri
Red Scotch Bonnet
Brazilian Starfish
Aji Limon
Red Cherio
Datil
Trinidad Perfume
Tabasco
7 Pot Brain Strain
Cayenne
Biquinho Iracena

I cant wait to see the twisted plants and ho they grow and how it looks with pods on them!

but will be planting 4 crops in the ground next spring. may buy that roto tiller i saw on tv. Mix the red clay with some cheap manure and potting soil as a top soil.

Nu Mex heritage 6-4 chili- personal consumption.
Jolokias -
Butch Scorpions-
Red Savinas. -

Definitely will be trying to get them in the ground earlier. I planted late this year because the dirt was soup most of May.

Next season plans are easy...

Build a decent sized raised bed, cut my container growing by 40%
Start seeds in middle of December
pH balance ALL water that goes to containers, hard lesson learned this season on that.
Increase my hydro DWC capacity by 6 if not up to 10 plants
Play around with one or two outdoor DWC setups
most importantly, figure out how the hell I am going to grow 100+ plants up from 23 this year

-J

I already have 80 packets of seeds right here on my desk... that + overwinterers + the other 40 varieties planned will force me to grow only a single plant of most varieties( except for projects). :rofl:
Nonetheless I will have to expand to two more localities(my poor relatives) and I will grow only tomato variety next year.
I also plan to buy more SQUARE pots as they save room.
Also I want to use the rest of my fertilizer and then will only buy organic new one (there is only one phosphorus mine in the world left were there aren´t dangerous uranium amounts, so maybe I will still use non-organic N and K)
Oh and I plan some interesting crossing project.
And I promise to finally get a proper cam and document my growout
Best Regards
Jan

These are the biggies:

1. I will integrate my drip tape irrigation system throughout the entire garden including pots.
2. Install an inline automatic liquid fertilizer unit.
3. Research liquid fertilizers this winter.
4. Reduce the superhot count from 500 to 300, only feeding a family of 4.
5. Reduce ghost species and grow more 7s/Scorps/Habs.
6. Spread some heat around to the video demo warriors.

What I would like to do different next year is to get most of my hot peppers in the ground. I have a large deck that
separates my backyard in half. Hot peppers on one side and sweet peppers on the other side. I also want to buy some
kind of brick to make raised beds in circles. One circle to have only chocolate/brown peppers, another yellow and
third one red.

I already have 80 packets of seeds right here on my desk... that + overwinterers + the other 40 varieties planned will force me to grow only a single plant of most varieties( except for projects). :rofl:
Nonetheless I will have to expand to two more localities(my poor relatives) and I will grow only tomato variety next year.
I also plan to buy more SQUARE pots as they save room.
Also I want to use the rest of my fertilizer and then will only buy organic new one (there is only one phosphorus mine in the world left were there aren´t dangerous uranium amounts, so maybe I will still use non-organic N and K)
Oh and I plan some interesting crossing project.
And I promise to finally get a proper cam and document my growout
Best Regards
Jan

I did that with my yellow trinidad scorpion plant this year.. I have ONE pepper on that plant and it just finally started to ripen... I will never grow just a single plant of a variety again.. If I cant have a few of them then they get crossed off the list.. It is hard to decide what to not grow and what to grow, but I believe that the extra peppers will be worth it!

1)..Trying to keep the "Electric Bills" lower through the winter

2)..Not focusing on "how many" plants I can sell through the spring/early summer,
but to concentrate on how many "quality plants" I stick in the ground for myself

3)..Isolate a few additional plants, while also trying to cross a few

4)..Not "drinking" while working in the plant rooms.....it slows the whole process down..... :(

5)..Finally,...once again, trying to use each variety of seeds.....hasn't happened yet!

Not to grow a Chocolate Fatali, that i now dub..."The Turd" Just about as useless as a left hand coal bucket. Keep my grow table cleaner... I had some leaf spot issues, I don't know if it was bad practices... going to keep a Tupperware of rubbing alcohol to sterilize my cutters and such.

I did that with my yellow trinidad scorpion plant this year.. I have ONE pepper on that plant and it just finally started to ripen... I will never grow just a single plant of a variety again.. If I cant have a few of them then they get crossed off the list.. It is hard to decide what to not grow and what to grow, but I believe that the extra peppers will be worth it!
Yeah I wished I could grow many more of the same variety, but my restricted rome prohibits that, and the only free areas around my home are dedicated for building and thus utterly expensie. The only ones that werent were sold before I thought of buying them and now there is a nice golf course... :tear:
But hopefully I manage to moe to Mexico for 2013

BR
Jan

The main difference for me is that I'm going to actually plant some good peppers!
I didn't find this site until late in the season, and before all I had been growing is Wal-mart's finest. (Which isn't all that fine...) So starting Jan/Feb, I'll have a decent collection starting! :woohoo:

Back