• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Who's got Jalapenos, and are they corking?

When do you usually pick your jalapenos

• Total voters
I am using mine as soon as they get decent size...soooooo...that is what I voted...with my serranos coming off now, I can start to let some of the Japs mature more...

That is one bad Biker Billy.
I like 'em red too, but I'm not growing any this year.
We never have red ones in the store around here.
Nice one with the wine corks- that's creatively funny.

I'm glad I put up the poll because I thought nearly everyone would pick their jals ripe and red like me. The whole reason I started growing peppers years ago was so I could get red jalapenos and non-orange habs(I'm not to fond of orange habs)

Anyways here's a pic of a jalapeno grande with some corking

I am picking my Jalapenos when they are red, too! :) I never pick any peppers before they've fully ripened. (Unless I feel like eating one right away and there are no ripe ones, I pick the one that comes closest to being ripe)

POTAWIE said:
I'm glad I put up the poll because I thought nearly everyone would pick their jals ripe and red like me. The whole reason I started growing peppers years ago was so I could get red jalapenos and non-orange habs(I'm not to fond of orange habs)

Anyways here's a pic of a jalapeno grande with some corking

nice grande potawie how big?..growing jalapeno,jalpeno early,jalpeno gigantica got small fruit on all so far,not planted till april :)

Of my 2 plants, no corking yet, but lots of peppers. Nothing is turning red yet, and some of those fruits have been on the plant a while now...

Here's my jalapeno grande again. Its got nice corking but I'm getting anxious for some yummy reds.

2759053475eec7944675ny8.jpg

Here's a few more of my Jalapenos

Here's a nice cluster of Jalapeno M pods
2759053505b526522127qy0.jpg

Here's a Jalapeno Gigantia that seems like maybe an anaheim cross

And here's some corked Grande pods

none of my biker billys have turned red I left a few on to wait and with all the rain they ended up rotting first. I picked a bunch the other day and I am going to Pickle them in slices --

Back