Why I Hate IPAs

Hate to disagree with you two, but Two-Hearted isn't even the best IPA Bells makes.  Ever have Hopslam???  That may be my favorite IPA of all.  For everyday, I like Dogfishhead 90min.  To the OP, what are the five you have had?  Maybe try a couple of the recommendations in this thread.  Actually, one of my favorite IPA's is made near you, West Coast IPA by Green Flash.  JMO

Not that its a bad thing one way or the other but I'm noticing this thread pretty much got hijacked and turned around.
It starts out as "Why I hate IPA" and morphed into more or less "IPA f-ing rocks!" :drunk:

My favorite beer is my first beer and the one I hate the most is the empty one. :violin:

TNKS said:
There are several hundred IPA brews that are not bitter in any way,"hoppy" is not bitterness
Regardless of what you drink while slamming pain pod products the burn will distribute the same

Correct, there are floral Ipa's with practically no hop bitterness. The bitter profile magnifies the feeling of the heat, obviously it does not add any actual heat just helps to accentuate it. Big difference in personal feeling if I have a corona or stone ipa for example.

B E E R is not complicated
The problem is people not wanting to invest in proper (enlightenment)
Even rednecks and hillbilly's manage evolutionary advancement in their lowest forms

BEER!.......GET SOME!!

There are so many out there right now its hard to find a good one through all the crap. Fresh is best IMO, you don't want one thats been sitting for any extended time. Honestly though if you don't like the style don't drink it. I can't stand Barleywines so I quit drinking them. I'm not going to spend my cash on something I'm not going to like.

Hi all. It's been a few weeks since I've posted but I'm glad to see things have been nice and civilized in this thread. Just to clarify I haven't completely given up on IPA's I've just yet to find one that I actually enjoyed. As bukowski just noted there are so many IPA's out there it's hard to find the best and freshest ones. Right now I'm into the seasonal brews but when I get a chance I'll go to my local pub and sample some different IPA's they have on tap.

hottoddy said:
I agree. Only double (or imperial) IPAs for me! Sounds like some girls I know who try to explain why beer is icky.
ICKY.jpg

TNKS said:
There are several hundred IPA brews that are not bitter in any way,"hoppy" is not bitterness
Regardless of what you drink while slamming pain pod products the burn will distribute the same
Amen.  IPA is my favorite style by a mile.

IPA >>> Stout >>> Porter >>> Pale Ale >>>  Red Ale >>> Lager is my order of preference.  

I don't really drink other styles of beer often.  Lately I've been drinking a shit ton of Guinness because it's cheap,  reminds me of Ireland,  and because I can drink like 3 or 4 pints and stay much more sober and mindful than I would after the equivalent amount of IPA.

My first favorite beer was Sierra Nevada Pale ale, and back then I didn't know what the flavor was that I liked,  but in retrospect it was probably the light hop edge of sierra nevada that got me started in that direction   

so after having a Maui brewing company IPA, i have been on a quest to try every IPA available. perhaps it was the environment but the big swell was really tasty.
getting back to canada, i have been trying every ipa available and only few rate the Big Swell. craft ipa are expensive here but i am attempting to try all available to me!
but, on the original post, i really like IPA's!

JayT

On Fire!
  • Reviewers
  • reviewer.png
  • 15,405 posts
  • aka:Bunny Commander
  • (x6)

Posted Yesterday, 07:24 AM

I had a Victory Hopdevil on Nitro this weekend.  It was magical!

scratchzilla, on 12 Jan 2014 - 10:03 AM, said:
scratchzilla said:
That's it, say goodbye to your precious bunnies....

The Hot Pepper, on 07 Oct 2014 - 7:58 PM, said:
The Hot Pepper said:

Did you get my package yet, and did you like it?

I have never had hopdevil on nitro but victory hopdevil is delish!

Right inline with 50'ish IBU is a wicked good Founders "Backwoods Bastard" its a 10.2ABV that jes barely hits the 50 IBU rank
Better IPA's are 50-60 IBU to be comparative
Ale aged in oak bourbon barrels is the trick to this awesome grilled beef loving brew

Get(find) Some!!

Not much on the beer snobs here but this is pretty close review to review
http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/1199/35036/

Worth the hunt for the adventurous lover of B E E R !

:edit/add link

IPA's and an occasional Stout are all I drink.
My favorite is Arrogant Bastard Ale but it is an American Strong Ale not an IPA but they are very similar.

Lagunitas is probably my least fave beer lol. The ones I've had. IPA and Little Sumpin' Sumpin'.

Back