• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Why I love my Ninja

I've been making super healthy smoothies here recently. Using a ninja is far better than juicing IMO because fiber is one of the healthiest and most important components of fruits and veggies. It's handy to get all of this in one cup.

2qktdt2.jpg

I don't think I could eat it all whole. Throw it all in and let the blender roar for a few minutes and it is nice and smooth. I highly reccomend this to everyone, especially if you have been wanting to get more fruits and vegetables in your diet but don't know how to eat as much as is reccomended. I usually use frozen fruit into make the smoothie cold. Fruit is wonderful at covering up the tast of vegetables so even if you hate them you can make it work. You can usually taste vegetables in mine cause I use so much but I like it so it's all good. :)

I've put chilies in before actually. I put bell peppers in pretty often. And as far as I've gone with hot peppers is jalapeños in occasionally. Great source of vitamin c.

Pepperjack91 said:
I've put chilies in before actually. I put bell peppers in pretty often. And as far as I've gone with hot peppers is jalapeños in occasionally. Great source of vitamin c.
you should try some piquins they are my favorite I add them to everything. I either make a hand made powder and sprinkle it on everything or just let the piquins dry and toss in my food sometimes toasted sometimes not.

MeatHead1313 said:
This definitely looks like something I need to try. Don't get anywhere near enough fruit or veggie's in my diet. Would a regular blender work for this PJ?
What kind of blender do you have? I'd say as long as it's a decent blender it would do just fine. You want it to be able to make it totally smooth or you'll have to chew your smoothie. Lol. It took me a little while to realize I just needed to let it go for a long time till it was totally smooth.

I am with you 100%. I never liked the idea of a "juicer" that spits out the best part of fruits and veg's. We have an Oster blender (typical style blender) and while it makes smoothies, it needs to be thinned quite a bit and doesn't handle ice that well. So we bought a NINJA about a year and a half ago. Love it. You can make snow out of ice cubes with that thing... Not that I want or need anymore snow. Hahahha It also does a great job with sauces, like my Molé... Nice and smooth with twice the capacity.

Greek Yogurt
Banana
Partially frozen fruit (strawberry, blackberry is my fave)
Protein powder (we use Nature's Life Super Green Pro 96)
Fiber powder (Lewis Labs)
A little Organic 2% Milk
Thin if necessary with any fruit juice on hand for drinkability, they can be pretty thick sometimes.

Set that bastard on blast for 30 seconds to a minute, drink, and let the world come at you.

Yeah it's awesome meathead. I suggest trying it with your blender, and whenever it comes time to replace it you get a Ninja. Or if you can afford to get one now just go ahead and do it  :P They are pretty reasonably priced if i recall. Especially with how much I use mine. (usually twice a day)

And you can grind concrete blocks.

Back