• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Wild Game or Fish

If this exists the super search feature failed to direct me...

I would love everyone to post plates of food from something they caught or killed hunting.

First up....ugly plate but a southern classic, fried venison and onions...I like to put pepper powder in the breading.

That's the eye dr I used to assist ...w / a tarpon ...
day time ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429928008.898002.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429928018.465732.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429928029.131857.jpg

#FL
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429928089.769976.jpg

a little drunky ...

This guy lied about being a vegetarian.  He supported the big farm slaughter house.  I called him out.  Taking the life of a deer is very personal and hard to take.  I say a personnel Indian prayer to celebrate life for my family.  

Rairdog said:
This guy lied about being a vegetarian.  He supported the big farm slaughter house.  I called him out.  Taking the life of a deer is very personal and hard to take.  I say a personnel Indian prayer to celebrate life for my family.  

wtf is wrong with you? I bet you torture insects. Oh and your wall of whitetails looks stupid as sh*t

grantmichaels said:
I'm pretty sure THP isn't the place to hash out the ethical considerations of hunting feral dogs ...
I do not hunt dawgs but I can tell you the bocats on the same cam will eat him in a minute. I just hope some stupid hunt club did not turn him loose on purpose. 

grantmichaels said:
I'm pretty sure THP isn't the place to hash out the ethical considerations of hunting feral dogs ...

I'm fairly certain rairdog did not shoot the dog he posted, just found it like he said.  Further I'm sure JHP doesn't intend to shoot the dog on his trail cams, but if he did the resultant cook and pics would look (and probably taste) delicious.  As for the wall of trophies above?  To each his own.  I tend to like landscape vistas and family photos on my walls.  Personally I wish more of the general public understood the process of what it takes to secure meat for food instead of getting it hot from some drive through.  There is no meat without death, and those who have trouble with that perhaps should investigate tofu.  ;)    

Rairdog posted a dog he buried and is letting the beetles do the work in the pizza thread, LOL ...

I kind of prompted it by asking if the beetles could handle a body yet (I was urging things towards a politician joke or the like) ...

So he "kind of" gets a pass, once ...

I don't want to see freshly killed dogs in general, though ... and I'm sure there are folks who have stronger feeling's than me, on it ...

I honestly wish most meats I ate were all wild. I must admit it does take getting used to the taste even for me but knowing that I took the time and care to harvest my own leaves me in my happy place! I am very excited they are reintroducing elk back into parts of Va, might need to make that worthy of a trip one day while down to hunt deer. 

Ok, back to more sexy wild game pictures!!! Hope to be spearing in a few months off some wrecks in NC. 

The elk herd in PA is expanding.  It has even reached where I hunt in Centre Co. (just north of State College).  I am yet to see one while hunting, but last year there were two of them running around not far from me.  I heard people talking about seeing them on the two way radios we all use.

JayT said:
The elk herd in PA is expanding.  It has even reached where I hunt in Centre Co. (just north of State College).  I am yet to see one while hunting, but last year there were two of them running around not far from me.  I heard people talking about seeing them on the two way radios we all use.
Awesome, I'd love to be able to harvest one to switch up my protein of game meat! Do you hunt private land or public?

Public, and you can't shoot elk except for with lottery tags in a couple isolated areas that are VERY hard to come by.

Elk is my favorite game meat.  My dad has gotten four of them in CO.

Back