• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Wild Game or Fish

If this exists the super search feature failed to direct me...

I would love everyone to post plates of food from something they caught or killed hunting.

First up....ugly plate but a southern classic, fried venison and onions...I like to put pepper powder in the breading.

planned to go fishing this morning. It was raining, so we went lobstering in the back yard and brought back 5 bugs. once the weather calmed down around noon, we went out and brought back this wahoo. was a perfect day. food soon to come

20150827_150009.jpeg

20150827_163102.jpeg

I like this!

That is a barracuda?

Once, in a holiday travel in the keys islands of venezuelan caribbean, there was a boat abandoned and aground on the beach... I doing snorkel and I try to go under the boat, when I found myself face to face a barracuda of more than 1 meter long. This moment was terror to me, the fish don't was fear and seeing me, my face was at 15" of his mouth that showing his teeth, Im keep immobilized for some seconds and going back very slowly. I feared an attack of the fish.

I like this!

That is a barracuda?

Once, in a holiday travel in the keys islands of venezuelan caribbean, there was a boat abandoned and aground on the beach... I doing snorkel and I try to go under the boat, when I found myself face to face a barracuda of more than 1 meter long. This moment was terror to me, the fish don't was fear and seeing me, my face was at 15" of his mouth that showing his teeth, Im keep immobilized for some seconds and going back very slowly. I feared an attack of the fish.

me too, oddly enough ... in key west, as a teenager ...

Summer '76.

Worked that summer at a pizza joint on south Padre.

Down time was body surfing and doing 360's on a skateboard in the hotel parking lots.

Some of the best moments of my life.

indeed ... 'cause i was borned.

:cheers:

cypresshill1973 said:
I like this!

That is a barracuda?

barracuda look scary but are relatively harmless. you approach them and they will usually dart away. only times you have to worry are a. if you have shiny metal on you or b. you're caught in a feeding frenzy 

That's the thing ... it's all harmless except when it's not ...

I've swam with plenty of lemon and black-tip sharks along the way - including a couple of close-calls boogie boarding ...

I've flown over the beach (so I'm well aware that there's sharks between the people swimming all day, every day) and seen the quantity of hammerheads and lemons at the local beaches ...

I've been in the water when the whole school of skates goes by and literally thousands of stingray-looking bastards swim by you and yours (and quite amazingly not one touches you, usually) ...

Been out there when the dolphins run the frenzy on the crevalle jacks through and got bumped and totally bastardized by either or both the fish and the dolphins ...

Been stung by a stingray, and stepped on some tentacle of a dead man-o-war that washed up after red tide ...

I've had blue crabs reach around and slice my finger, and an unknown crab broke my little toe ... probably a stone crab considering I was on some concrete erosion deterrent "reef" at the time ...

I've had a stone crab clamp down on a finger through a glove ... hurt like hell.

I've been totally freaked the fuck out by a passing manatee, although they are totally chill (once you're convinced it's a manatee, though) ...

Probably the worst experience in the water wasn't even salt water, though ... it was the fucking copperheads at the cold water springs ...

Seriously ... fuck those things ...

So, I don't know ... I think it might be a function of time ... you will experience the shit at a certain rate, and if you spend enough time, you will experience it all - I think ...

I've kind of experienced enough where I consider the whole thing to be kind of stupid ... and prefer a lap pool.

The jelly fish experiences really are the worst ... well, only until you get chomped by a shark, that is ...

I feel like living here and spending so much time in the Gulf earlier, I've used a lot of lucky rolls already ... LOL.

Back