• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Wild Game or Fish

If this exists the super search feature failed to direct me...

I would love everyone to post plates of food from something they caught or killed hunting.

First up....ugly plate but a southern classic, fried venison and onions...I like to put pepper powder in the breading.

That is so beautiful!

Love the water pics. I grew up summers in Annapolis swimming in the Severn river. Years ago you could pull a bushel of blue crabs by 9am with two chicken necks.

I still hate swimming in pools. The chemicals kill my eyes.

I got pinched by crabs, stung a lot by sea nettles. Life in the real world.

went many miles offshore to find no weed lines. We did find a hunk of plastic something or other. We started trolling before we found it and when we got near, one of the lines went buzzing like crazy but didn't get set. I'm thinking because the fish came back whole, it must have been a yellowfin tuna or a monster mahimahi and not a wahoo because the have razor sharp teeth. Anyways, when we got to the debris, there were tons upon tons of almaco jacks, tripletail, rainbow runners and triggerfish. Some baby mahi too. I'd never seen a tripletail before. They're usually found in pairs under floating things, but this was crazy. we went diving on it and my friend got some great footage on his go pro. I'll post when he uploads it to youtube, but here's the catch of the day. a good variety

fishes.jpg

that looks good. how is fried venison? what coating did you use? It looks a lot like beijing salted pepper fried pork chops that I use to get at this authentic chinese place in cleveland

BigB said:
that looks good. how is fried venison? what coating did you use? It looks a lot like beijing salted pepper fried pork chops that I use to get at this authentic chinese place in cleveland
AP flour with salt and pepper in the mix, simple and it taste very good. I still only fry the loin to about medium/medium rare but just enough to get a crust on the fry.
FishinHank said:
Nice first post, welcome!

Thanks! Here are a couple more.

Lingcod, Yelloweyes, and Black Rockfish

42lb King Salmon

Brown trout

Tiger Rockfish

Arctic Grayling

Lake trout

Thanks! Here are a few more.

Lingcod, Yelloweyes, and Black Rockfish

42lb King Salmon

Brown trout

Tiger Rockfish

Arctic Grayling

Lake trout

This is a very cool thread, glad I found it! I will def add to it this year, below are pics from last season, they're all I have.

Got 18 Geese last February. Friend has a processing setup in his basement, that made very quick work of the birds.

Cleaning and quartering.

Pan seared goose breast with cherry bourbon sauce, brussel sprouts and bacon, and roasted garlic chipotle potatoes. :)

ETA: The knife is a joke, it was part of a TD type thread on another forum. There were quite a few items required and points awarded ;)

You could have just breasted them out to make that plate and saved to gore...lol.   What do you do with the rest of the meat.  Mmmmm goose sausage!

I like to use as much of the animal as possible. I breasted them out, took legs off, and any meat from body that came off easy. Then roasted the carcasses and made stock with them. The legs are good in stew and the breast either pan seared or for jerky.  :cheers:

ETA: And yes DEFINITELY  sausage!!!

Back