• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Wild, Indeed, Community Thread

Just getting this started so I can get a url.
I will post more about this in a couple of days.
duck6.jpg

Happy New Year, 2021!

Last edited:
Thanks, friend. Hope the off-season is being
good to you. Time to start dropping a seed
or two!
I've dropped more than a few already ;) I just need to get around to posting some pictures. Here's a couple couple recent sprouts - Eximium CGN 19198 and Praetermissum CGN 22795 - chilling under a small indoor Rocoto.

BTW, I'm just now about to harvest pods from my brown Rocopica, which I pulled inside to ripen. That and the Flibu were super late to ripen this year.

Have a happy Christmas Mr. G - and all!

2021-12 19891&22795.jpg

I've dropped more than a few already ;) I just need to get around to posting some pictures. Here's a couple couple recent sprouts - Eximium CGN 19198 and Praetermissum CGN 22795 - chilling under a small indoor Rocoto.

BTW, I'm just now about to harvest pods from my brown Rocopica, which I pulled inside to ripen. That and the Flibu were super late to ripen this year. who-hoo! I didn’t get any pods to speak off of either of those. Hoping wintering them over will give me a leg up this season.

Have a happy Christmas Mr. G - and all!

2021-12 19891&22795.jpg
Alright, underway in style. According to infernochili,
the CGN 22795 white flower c. praetermissum is supposedly
the most primitive form of the praetermissums. Looking forward
to comparing notes this season! Your little c. eximium looks great,
nice and hairy!

Last edited:
Many of my wilds will be OW's again, but here's a few fairly recent additions to the tent.

Last night's hook, a Chacoense 212 among perlite boulders.
2021-12-28 Chac 212.jpg

All 4 Dwarf Chiltepin seeds flushed like mushrooms about a week ago.
2021-12-28 DwarfTepin.jpg

A couple Wild Brazil (Yellow) and a runt in the middle.
2021-12-28 WildBrazilYellow.jpg

And perhaps OT, but in keeping with the Purple Flower Baccatum X theme, here's a flush of what I believe to be F1's of PFB x (Aji Giallo Arancio x Aji Amarillo F1). I was just goofing around with this crossing last summer (and may have mixed the seeds up with an isolated PFB pod), but I have other plans for the PFB this season. Caught these just before lights out, but the cotyledons were relaxed again in the morning.
2021-12-28 PFB - XP.jpg

Last edited:
And perhaps OT, but keeping with the Purple Flower Baccatum X theme, here's a flush of what I believe to be F1's of PFB x (Aji Giallo Arancio x Aji Amarillo F1). I was just goofing around with this crossing last summer (and may have mixed the seeds up with an isolated PFB pod), but I have other plans for the PFB this season. Caught these just before lights out, but the cotyledons were relaxed again in the morning.
The F1 sounds fun.

Glad to see that Tovarii pop for you @PaulG Looking forward to seeing it become a big bush this summer.

Found a Texas Rice sprout this morning. Haven't grown this before. Should be interesting. Why is it that even when I put the seeds near the middle they sometimes seem to find their way to the edges :rolleyes: I always thought they had a mind of their own!
Hey, @CaneDog, I feel fortunate to have 1/4
germinate. I will probably grow it in a 2-gallon
pot with an eye to overwintering.

Texas Rice? That's a new one on me. Good
luck this season, friend, as if you needed it :lol:

Glad to see that Tovarii pop for you @PaulG Looking forward to seeing it become a big bush this summer.

Found a Texas Rice sprout this morning. Haven't grown this before. Should be interesting. Why is it that even when I put the seeds near the middle they sometimes seem to find their way to the edges :rolleyes:
20211230 - TexasRiceR600ac.jpg
I am so happy to see the Tovarii proudly on display..how many days was it sleeping?That is so special...now that
Lanceolatum better get going... Paul,did you plant any C. galapogoense or are you OW the ones you grew last Summer?

Nice to see CD's Texas Rice...me too,never heard of that one..is it a Wild?
Nice going Guys.:dance:

Last edited:
Nice to see CD's Texas Rice...me too,never heard of that one..is it a Wild?

I only recently learned of it and don't know a lot about it. Apparently it's a recent find; a wild pepper local to Texas that produces tiny little peppers (like grains of rice) with a sweet taste and a little kick. Matt / catchthebear shared a few of the tiny little seeds with me and I was happy to see one sprout. I'm curious to see how it develops - I'm expecting something bush/shrub-like and tons of little fruits. Anyhow, should be fun and hopefully this one will beget more!

@Wiriwiri - the c. tovari has a really contorted stem.
Hope it makes it okay 🤨

Going with the little c. galapagoense plants from
last season, Sandy. Going to give them more sun
this time around. These are in #1 nursery pots.
Both look pretty good, for now.
930B0CA9-7E1A-4D72-9BA8-1CD9FE5E9C83.jpeg

A3A474C0-8D26-4C13-ACCF-7584F1F1DC6A.jpeg

Those look real good Paul...I'm glad to see that in your repertoire ... my all time favorite Wild hands down :)

Back