• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

favorite Wild Varieties-What is your favorite

cmpman1974 said:
Thewalkingpepper, I think about 1 million people wish for a shot at C. friburgense. lol.  It is not available as it is a protected variety under Brazilian plant laws.  It truly is an amazing flower based on photos.

C. tovarii is available through many hobby growers now.

Chris
Good to see you on here again Chris....

32073973063_4c8129af41_b.jpg

opit said:
We're growing several wild chillies at our hackerspace: http://blog.technariumas.lt/post/157746195101/wild-chillies-at-technarium-winter-garden
Would have loved a shot at C.flexuosum this year (we're in Northern Europe, interesting to check if they are really cold-resistant), but they were for ~$30 at only place I've seen them on sale. All seeds are from semillas.de.

tumblr_inline_olzyx4LqXw1qz6zzz_500.jpg
C.flexuosum is very tolerant of frost and cold. I have had mine outside in zone 5 USA all but 3 weeks this winter. It will flower and fruit down to 1 C and will survive down to -6 C.

There are a couple issues with your blog. The first photo is not C.lanceolatum,it appears to be glabriusculum or chacoense. Were the seeds black?? The other issue is the mix up of rhomboideum and chacoense further down the page.

opit said:
We're growing several wild chillies at our hackerspace: http://blog.technariumas.lt/post/157746195101/wild-chillies-at-technarium-winter-garden
Would have loved a shot at C.flexuosum this year (we're in Northern Europe, interesting to check if they are really cold-resistant), but they were for ~$30 at only place I've seen them on sale. All seeds are from semillas.de.

tumblr_inline_olzyx4LqXw1qz6zzz_500.jpg

Behind my PC now and have access to some photos. Your lanceolatum seedling should have this appearance.

23621397950_98d4299542_b.jpg

I am done trading seeds at this point in the year,but check with me in autumn and I will help you out with legit flexuosum and lanceolatum. Don't pay $30 USD.

opit said:

I have some seeds if you are interested. My two plants have been growing in my windowssill the last couple of years. This year they go into the soil and we will see how they handle the danish winter :dance:

Anyone pick up any seeds from ghostpepperstore.com?  They have a few wilds for sale there include C. Parviflorium.  I really haven't seen that one around much, from what I have seen on the forums...

bpiela said:
Anyone pick up any seeds from ghostpepperstore.com?  They have a few wilds for sale there include C. Parviflorium.  I really haven't seen that one around much, from what I have seen on the forums...
Not a true C.parvifolium but a wild form baccatum. Still a nice plant.

Back