• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

favorite Wild Varieties-What is your favorite

20170612_113503.jpg

20170612_175453.jpg

20170613_151442.jpg

Chili_Jay said:
I love most wilds but especially enjoy Praetermissum. However my overwintered Tovarii plant has started to set flowers so I'm very excited

Sent from my XT1700 using Tapatalk
I'm growing a praetermissum this year, at least I think so, it's Cumari Pollux. It just set its first couple of pods. Interesting looking flowers, definitely not like the domesticated species.

One thing I noticed from the start is that this plant is very lanky and droopy. I thought something was wrong with it, over, or under watering. But, once the leaves get big, they just like to hang low.
Quite the opposite of my Wild Brazil(I'm not sure how wild that is as a chinense), which grows low with small leaves and is extremely bushy.

Is that something you notice with this species, or variety?

Jubnat said:
I'm growing a praetermissum this year, at least I think so, it's Cumari Pollux. It just set its first couple of pods. Interesting looking flowers, definitely not like the domesticated species.

One thing I noticed from the start is that this plant is very lanky and droopy. I thought something was wrong with it, over, or under watering. But, once the leaves get big, they just like to hang low.
Quite the opposite of my Wild Brazil(I'm not sure how wild that is as a chinense), which grows low with small leaves and is extremely bushy.

Is that something you notice with this species, or variety?

No need to worry,they are quite willowy and dainty. They also are some of the largest plants in this genus.

I used to grow a great c. chacoense from pepperlover, called "most prolific". I asked Judy about it she says she's out stock.

The plants from the seed I collected aren't growing true. Does anyone have seed of this chacoense?

mememe said:
I used to grow a great c. chacoense from pepperlover, called "most prolific". I asked Judy about it she says she's out stock.

The plants from the seed I collected aren't growing true. Does anyone have seed of this chacoense?
i've been growing Pepperlovers chacoense "most prolific" since 2015 when i received some as a free bonus with my order 

send me a PM with your address, and i'll send you some seeds

:cheers:

Back