• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

favorite Wild Varieties-What is your favorite

I am not fully caught up on this thread in its entirety, but here are some of my wilds that are just getting started.

Chacoense, CGN 19198, Praetermissium, Parviflorum, Galapagoense and Flexuosum and the cup with no sprouts is CGN 20497.

Untitled by GhostPepperStore.com, on Flickr

In the middle tray is Cumari Flibu, Cumari Pollux and some Rocotos.

Untitled by GhostPepperStore.com, on Flickr

Hopefully I will get around to sowing the Tovarii that P_Son sent me sometime this weekend.

11-8-2013
C. Galapagoense update

IMAG0833_zps0ed35146.jpg

Its funny how the Lanceolatum has almot black seeds like the C. pubescens even though they are not related,Doesn't lanceolatum and Parvifolium grow in Eastern Brazil?  maybe I'll get lucky and get some Tovarii and lanceolam seeds from some where, Does anyone know if Judy has them?  I'll have to go to her sight and see what she has for sale.

C.lanceolatum is from Guatemala, and C.tovarii,Peru. The true C.parvifolium is from central Brazil. I don't know what vendors sell this stuff but I doubt any will have C.parvifolium. They might have the seed ,but probably won't risk selling them.

@Portuge, source is outside U.S.A. Squirrels killed my plant last year so my seed stock is low.

wow! great photos everyone!

im definitely going to be expanding my wild peppers next year.

i have a pequin, chiltepin, and a chacoense.

Yes,it is holding up better to the temps than some other wilds. Still dark green and healthy,leaves are leathery like a brassica. I shelter it from frost. Still flowering in low 30s and upper 20s °F. It will die eventually but fun seeing what it can take.

The galapagoense on the other hand is losing leaves and slowing down, but ripening pods at a snails pace still.
10933795975_2dbb19d960_b.jpg

CGN 21502 holding up and super green still.
10933978905_8f9020c727_b.jpg

Back