• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

overwintering Winter-Summer in OZ "Comparison" / Aussie Blabberers

Who will win?

• A muppet

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • A muppet

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • A muppet

Votes: 23 39.7%

• Total voters
30C for the last few days, and another 32C tomorrow. Melbourne seems the place to be for chilli growing this week ;)

I watered the garden beds today for the first time in ages, except for the TS Butch T's. I decided to see how far I can push them without watering, I pulled back a little of the mulch and it still seemed to have a bit of moisture in it, so I let them be.

I've almost emptied the water tanks in the last week by drenching all my pots and also watering the grass out the back, so here's hoping the forecast of rain holds true and they refill again.

I mow once a week! No big deal, it's a very small area, and I've got a battery powered lawn mower so no oil or petrol to worry about.

It's more for the kids to stuff around in more than anything, and I'm trying to maintain it for when I look to sell the joint in a few years and get a 1/2 or full acre.

Speaking of a 1/2 acre, my brother has just moved houses and has offered to grow 150 plants for me. The only problem is that he's a bit of a lazy stoner. Intentions are great, not sure if he'd lose interest. He lives over a hour away from me, and I cant just jump on the freeway and water/fertilise them when necessary.

Sweet deal off your brother! I hate lawns apart from the way they look nice, my girl thinks we should fertilise it! I suggested round up. :lol:

Speaking of a 1/2 acre, my brother has just moved houses and has offered to grow 150 plants for me. The only problem is that he's a bit of a lazy stoner. Intentions are great, not sure if he'd lose interest. He lives over a hour away from me, and I cant just jump on the freeway and water/fertilise them when necessary.
An hour, yeah, that's a bit of a PITA!

I do most of my growing at my mum's place which is a good half hours drive away... and that's more than enough distance for me!

My Limo Blanco plant is producing flower buds that are unlike any other that I have seen on a Capsicum:

oIhJt.jpg

Limo Blanco flower bud

I think I can now rule out this plant belonging to the Capsicum Chinense species judging by what I have seen.
hZtqg.jpg

First Limo Blanco flower to open

It seems my first Limo Blanco flower bud was malformed as it has aborted. The first Limo Blanco flower to open (from the second bud) was slightly malformed. There next two flower buds appear to be well formed.

The anthers are blue not yellow as I had thought looking at the first flower bud.

Meanwhile I just discovered a grub has destroyed 5 Rocoto pods. Not happy. :censored:

Too hungover to make good quality pictures but I got a nice suprise today, I can't believe I didn't see them before.

Dorset Naga is first off the Super Hot Rank

P1010077.jpg

P1010075.jpg

P1010080.jpg

And I am stunned by the size of this Hungarian black on such a small plant.

P1010083.jpg

Now I can admire them while eating 4kg of Banana prawns with me MRS and her friends today :P

looking good joey and those banana prawns sound like the shiznitt as well . I will have to make do with admiring the foo fighters and Jack Black today. No time for chilli watching for me I am afraid. The really sad thing is I am actually I little disappointed I can't get my re potting done I had been planning :hell:

What do you get when you cross a hangover and the task of re-potting?

hungover_41342406.jpg

ME! (Well, not me in the pic, but you get the drift.... :lol:)

One more ciggie, a nice warm shower (on this oddly cool Summer morning), and I swear I'm gonna start!

Managed to save about 20L of rain water over the last few days.... that should be more than enough to use on this round of pot ups. :dance:

OK, I'm just gonna finish this coffee now, then it's time........ :lol:

Hope them Limons come through for ya, harry! Incidentally, planted some more seeds last weekend and just had my first Limon's pop the other day. :dance:

Awesome to see you are getting pods too Joey Joe Joe!

Hangover free day today, but then again every day is hangover free for me because i think my body ran out of them..
Goin fishin, plants can look after themselves today. :)

Hangover free day today, but then again every day is hangover free for me because i think my body ran out of them..
Goin fishin, plants can look after themselves today. :)
Bastard. The older I get, the worse mine get!

Luckily I didn't drink an extreme amount last night and it's already fading.... :D

OK, I'm gonna stop procrastinating now.... really!

Hope ya catch some big ol' 'uns, Nova!

I was pretty hungover this morning, just recovered in time to start drinking again. :beer: I didn't have any major tasks to do this morning, nice to not be up at 4am for a change. :lol: BTW I'm pretty sure it isn't illegal to do gardening whilst your pissed. :rofl:

Update on my plants, most of my seedlings are looking great. The Choc Bhut has shot up and looking healthy. My TS butch T's are getting their second set of baby leaves. My Serrano's that were attacked have not really changed in the last week, The Zimbabwe birdseye are looking ok, and my orange hab that was stripped is growing alot of new leaves. Still waiting for this so called Summer to turn the heat up so I can get some ripe pods. I would probably be getting some yellow habs soon if the temps weren't dropping so low at night, all the flower are just falling off. :(

Hope them Limons come through for ya, harry! Incidentally, planted some more seeds last weekend and just had my first Limon's pop the other day. :dance:
The first Limón plant to bloom was:
  • Sowed on 12 September 2011
  • Popped upright on 24 September 2011
  • Bloomed beginning 04 December 2011
  • Set fruit on or before 09 December 2011 (the flower that didn't drop its corolla may have set earlier)
77 days to flower from the first day upright as a sprout is impressively quick.

The second Limón plant from the same source also has a tentatively fruit as of today.

Redirected a query from the market place.
Has anyone grown these White Bhut Jolokias to maturity yet?
I have four plants growing at the moment but as yet they are still immature and haven't flowered as yet.
8AqX1.jpg

White Bhut developing flower buds

My biggest White Bhut hasn't quite reached bloom but you can see the developing flower buds. The photo does show recovery from damage to the head of the plant. There are some warm temperatures in the weather forecast that should spur it on.

Bastard. The older I get, the worse mine get!

Luckily I didn't drink an extreme amount last night and it's already fading.... :D

OK, I'm gonna stop procrastinating now.... really!

Hope ya catch some big ol' 'uns, Nova!
I haven't wet a line yet, missus just caught a nice bream. I am cooking thai red curry on the butane burner! Yummo.

Ya lucky guy, hangovers get worse for me with age too (38 here), and my missus left me....

To go to a work pissup with her workmates tonight.
I'm flying solo tonight, but already drunk too much to do anything!

I haven't wet a line yet, missus just caught a nice bream. I am cooking thai red curry on the butane burner! Yummo.
Showed up by the missus, aye? :lol:

Those butane burners are the shit! Feel like whipping mine out now and cooking a red curry or some shit myself just for the hell of it....

Ya lucky guy, hangovers get worse for me with age too (38 here), and my missus left me....
Damn, if this trend of hangovers getting worse with age continues for me, I don't even want to think how bad they'll be when I hit 38! :eek:

Sorry to hear about the situation with the missus too.

Sorry to hear about the situation with the missus too.
Why?
She just came home then LOL.
Sorry, bad joke. She left me to go out with her workmates for a dinner tonight, so I was left at home alone.

edit: If it's any consolation, it's only been the past year or two that hangovers have been bad, you should be still good to go until mid 30s.
And even after that, some mornings OK, like this morning not too bad, bring it on!
But last weekend, I couldn't do anything, written off weekend entirely, useless as hell and wanted to sleep/die and looked worse than the guy in the picture you posted above!

Back