• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

overwintering Winter-Summer in OZ "Comparison" / Aussie Blabberers

Who will win?

• A muppet

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • A muppet

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • A muppet

Votes: 23 39.7%

• Total voters
Holy crap Gassy thats awesome. And they say he has a small.....

pot....

:rofl:

It's not the size of the pot that matters, it's how it is used......

My guess is wasps. The mutant hybrid awrsome kind what i want seeds from. :P

Sure thing. Give me a few days to let some seeds dry out and I'll whack 'em in the post soon, or you can take your chances with some I saved last season that have been sitting out in the open and are now caked in dust?

I have to warn you first too though, the plants suffered a bit of what appeared to be BLS at one stage there so you might want to treat them first before sowing.

What type of Chilli's are those gas?? There's a few there bro. Nice work! !

What Nova said. ;)

Nice work on the homemade hydro units too Nova ... love to see homemade setups like that

Aye!

Just out of curiosity too, are those some of the plants that had the nute lockout issue a little bit back? If so, looks like you've pulled 'em through it pretty damn well.

Thanks heaps Gas. Would love some fresh seeds to bleach the crap out of!
Will trade for Peach Bhut if you would like.
Cheers bro!

Damn Gas, I thought I had alot of pods growing, then I see your wasps.

I've been away, cameback to find that someone had somehow changed one of my plants. :shocked: My Orange Habanero looked completely different. It had doubled in size and because of all the new smaller leaves it looks so different.

This is what is looked like a month ago
03122011250.jpg

now
16012012364.jpg

Yellow Hab
16012012357.jpg

2 x TS butch T still looking good :surprised: & 2 x Asian birdseye
16012012348.jpg

Serrano
16012012360.jpg

Zimbabwe
16012012362.jpg

May i ask what people do with their excess seedling. See i have some excess seedlings which i can't repot due to lack of space but they are too healthy to throw away.

I give my excess away to friends and people a work. My theory is that if you have a crappy season and get no Chilli then maybe someone else might have a good one and maybe they can give some back :cool:

Micca

Boom!

IMG_6843.jpg

IMG_6842.jpg

First Doogie developing:

IMG_6835.jpg

:dance:

Just hope it doesn't drop now....

Hey Gas those Wasps are lookin damn fine. You are going to be loaded!!!
Mine have just started to flower so hope it sets some fruit.

Micca

Hey Gas those Wasps are lookin damn fine. You are going to be loaded!!!
Mine have just started to flower so hope it sets some fruit.

That's right, you're growing the Wasp too, aren't you, Micca (or were you talking about the Douglah)? If so, definitely keep me posted on how yours turn out. My two plants (especially the "yellow" ones) are seriously the strangest behaved chillies I have grown. The "yellow" one has changed colour and shape several times now during it's life.

Loaded? That's an understatement! Both plants are on their third (or is it fourth now--I can't keep track!) round of production this season. Wish I had kept track of how many pods I have harvested so far but I reckon I'll fetch 1,000 from each plant by the time the season is up. They do fairly well in their first season but overwinter them if you really want to see some magic.

And speaking of colour/shape changes and another round of production, the "yellow" one has decided to change again this round:

IMG_6839.jpg

IMG_6841.jpg

Different shape, lighter colour (wondering if this lot is gonna be yellow again)... and that's while there are some of the previous shape/colour pods still hanging there! Bizarre, I tell ya....

I've been away, cameback to find that someone had somehow changed one of my plants. :shocked: My Orange Habanero looked completely different. It had doubled in size and because of all the new smaller leaves it looks so different.

"Someone changed something," literally or figuratively? Mine always seem to do much better for some reason when I'm not around.... I really get the feeling they don't like being watched. :lol: (No kidding!)

Nonetheless, looking good!

I sure am growing the Wasps. Quite interesting to see the variation, specially on the same plant!
I wander if it is an unstable hybrid? Because the 1st piccy really looks like a Chilli called Turks Cap.
Great to see they are big producers too!

Micca

I sure am growing the Wasps. Quite interesting to see the variation, specially on the same plant!
I wander if it is an unstable hybrid? Because the 1st piccy really looks like a Chilli called Turks Cap.
Great to see they are big producers too!

Micca

No doubt in my mind that it's an unstable hybrid (maybe not initially last season when the pods first came out wrong but that's another story--and I'm a little more learned and wiser now. :D)

Don't forget my tip on overwintering. ;)

Just over 3 weeks from that hailstorm on Christmas Day, things starting to look a bit better.

The TS Butch T's look to have recovered, might start seeing some flowers being pollinated within the next week

IMG_20120117_202909.jpg

Asian Birdseyes going nuts, as they always do. They didn't seem to be hit by the hail at all, I guess the angle of the hail may have missed them.

IMG_20120117_202920.jpg

Lots of flowers, lots of pods... close up of Asian Birdseye

IMG_20120117_202939.jpg

And I've just fired up the compost tea brewer for a run overnight, will need to use it tomorrow night.

IMG_20120117_202847.jpg

(Just a repeat of my glog update tonight can't be assed writing another one)

Well I really can't figure my plants as yet. They had recovered nicely but after a sunday dose of pH corrected Fulvic and Kelp in the soil and a further foliar application of fulvic, kelp and Neem they have started to have the dreaded random yellowing and leaf drop again. I am now suspecting overwatering in some and others being root bound in there 9.5 litre buckets. Might be time to bite the bullet and try to upsize some plants into 14.5 litre-20 litre buckets (the 20 litre buckets are actually cheaper and straight sided from bunnings so will take up less/same amount of room as currently)

Here are some pics of tonights pods (small amount)

IMG_20120117_184051.jpg

1st Jalapeno HTM pod

IMG_20120117_184846.jpg

Jalapeno and yellow 7pot/pod

IMG_20120117_184834.jpg

A selection

IMG_20120117_184205.jpg

Jalapeno HTM again

IMG_20120117_184115-1.jpg

Cheiro Do Norte 1st pods

IMG_20120117_184102-1.jpg

Hot fish peppers

Nice Gas and Milkman way to go

Sorry and Harry ... nice updates all round ....

Hot fish I would describe as Juicy with a capsicum/sweet slightly fruity taste and not that hot (a little stingy heat in there) I would put the heat around Aji Yellow so it does have some bite just not lots.
Great producer as well considering it has been rootbound and having issues for a while now.

Keen to sink my teeth into the Do Norte's and Jalapeno. The Cheiro Do Norte have the most amazing smell (considering they are not cut open yet)

Back