• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

overwintering Winter-Summer in OZ "Comparison" / Aussie Blabberers

Who will win?

• A muppet

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • A muppet

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • A muppet

Votes: 23 39.7%

• Total voters
Now that i remember i stole something from coles. I picked up a trolley and noticed a little ladybird. I picked her up and took her home with me just on my shoulder. So far she's happily sitting in my garden.

Gas what was the predator that bugs for bugs have suitable for here??? I was just going to get some green lacewings as they are cheap and a good broad spectrum predator

Gas what was the predator that bugs for bugs have suitable for here??? I was just going to get some green lacewings as they are cheap and a good broad spectrum predator

The bloke from Bio Services did tell me the name but I forget now. Having a look at Bugs For Bugs, I'm pretty sure he was talking about Neoseiulus californicus.

Looks like a sole mite predator... but that's enough for me!

I suspect that broad mites have attacked two of my plants. A Hawian chilli pepper and something else that i cant remember because i got the shits and turfed it. Hawian is in iso not getting fed or watered that will teach the sob to harbour such bloody evil. Im going bents way gunna knock out their supply lines. Just after i figure out exactly how to split atoms :hell:

How about you suggest a name for me.
Dottie

The bloke from Bio Services did tell me the name but I forget now. Having a look at Bugs For Bugs, I'm pretty sure he was talking about Neoseiulus californicus.

Looks like a sole mite predator... but that's enough for me!

http://www.marchbiological.com/

Gas I have been trying to message you but your box has been full. 2 mite predators here but I think they are only for red spider and cyclamen. Wonder if they work on broad mites?

Made an interesting discovery yesterday. Although the plants have turned out predominantly Aji Amarillo, my Aji Amarillo x Yellow Trinidad Scorp F1's are producing flowers sans the typical Baccatum brown/gold markings.

IMG_6889.jpg

(Windy as all fook yesterday so it was hard to get a clear shot.)

Finally an indication that the cross has taken!

Nice shot Gas.....What camera did you use for the Macro shot ???

I might have to get my old Point and click camera out simply for its Macro function in the mean time while I get together a grand or 5 for some new lenses :(

Nice shot Gas.....What camera did you use for the Macro shot ???

I might have to get my old Point and click camera out simply for its Macro function in the mean time while I get together a grand or 5 for some new lenses :(

Just a Canon Power Shot A480 (nothing at all fancy to say the least!)

I would love to get my hands on a good camera with lenses and all that... but yeah, lack of clams won't be making it happen anytime soon.

2012-01-22113926.jpg

Hey Gassy heres my first HUGE not dorset! Check out where the tail ended up lol

:lol:

Yeah, mine is doing poorly too this season (especially in the poddage department)... and it's a second year plant! I doubt I will see anything even remotely close to some of the sizes I was seeing last season (nor the prolific production for that matter). :(

Any more pods on the plant? Please tell me there is something on there with potential! (Else I'm gonna feel bad for giving you dud seeds... :oops:)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I've decided it's time to start playing around and come up with a new potting mix blend to suite my needs. Thoughts and ideas encouraged as I have very little idea what I'm doing!

I was thinking the first batch will go a little something like this:

9L Coir Brick
25L plain Potting Mix (The Coles-type composted bark type stuff with no additives)
5L Debco Organic Compost
5L Mixed composted Cow and Chook Manure
Perlite (will play it by looks on how much to use)
100g Yates Professional Blood and Bone (with Potash)

And I'm thinking about adding some of this stuff: Naked Farmer Soil Activator

On top of that, I will be alternating feedings of Worm Juice, Seasol and Go Go Juice.

Too much of something? Not enough of something? Lacking something vital (nutrient-wise)? Nutes off balance?

The main thing I am going for is greater water retention than the standard mix I have been using (9L Coir, 25L Potting Mix, 1.5L Dynamic Lifter, 2L Perlite) and hopefully increase the "wetting" ability of the mix also (the standard mix I have been using is a bitch to get wet again once it has dried!). As I will be adding compost (including manure), I've decided to ditch the Dynamic Lifter and add Blood and Bone to make up for it's absence (or should I stick to the Dynamic Lifter but at a lower dose?). Anyone know much about Blood and Bone? Does it start working right away or does it need to break down or something? How much should I add? (The pack reads rake in 100g per square metre... but I want mine in the mix!)

Will have to check pH too before using...

My year old NOT naga is going OK, but never had any luck with any seeds I planted (germinated, but looked nothing like the parent, and didn't grow very well) Photo from about 4 weeks ago...
gTYfO.jpg

First harvest yesterday. Tray going into the oven to dry
xDlEi.jpg

3 hungarian blacks (had 5, ate two already), some thai/cayenne/salsa/jalapeno crosses), 3 hungarian hot wax.
Choc hab (already ate one of them) My NOTs, (ate a dozen of them beforehand, 6 more ripening off the plant, I'll put them in the fridge to eat fresh), some thai baby birdseyes (dried about 30 last week - just grabbed these ones because I may as well dry them with the rest)

http://imgur.com/a/xPxu5
Got bored and went around and took a photo of everything today. Most in the ground are hybrids, or plants that were half dead, so I didn't want to waste a pot on them.
What's in pots or buckets are from seeds sown late september - late november, as everything earlier was a disaster, nothing worked july-august. So plants in pots are small, and most were, and still currently are, being attacked by aphids pretty hard

Back