• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

overwintering Winter-Summer in OZ "Comparison" / Aussie Blabberers

Who will win?

• A muppet

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • A muppet

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • A muppet

Votes: 23 39.7%

• Total voters
Here's a pic of my first Bhut Jolokia White,
I've got another two strains still to come from AISPES, "Ghost" & "W BJ W" to compare with....

BhutJolokiaWhite.jpg

I have named my white bhut "casper" . Will take a pic of the little pod on it...

It's actually got about six or seven pods set woohoo
2012-02-03180535.jpg

2012-02-03180556.jpg

2012-02-03180647.jpg

nice pics .. i'm north of Lismore - west of byron bay and east of nimbin.

Ballina ?

Onwards to Triple Choc

First Chocolate Bhut a chocolate brown with reddish tint

The quickening of the Chocolate Bhut has begun. The size of some of the pods is impressive.

Lookin Gooooooooooooooood Harry !

What shade of green would you describe the immature pod to be?

I'd say they were they same as Nova's,
got another strain from the same source.... they are only 60cm tall but hey, the leaves are huge !!!!!
I'll post pics tomorrow, going to bed now, gotta market to do in the morn

I'd say they were they same as Nova's,
got another strain from the same source.... they are only 60cm tall but hey, the leaves are huge !!!!!
I'll post pics tomorrow, going to bed now, gotta market to do in the morn

The White Bhut plant that produces a fair amount of Anthocyanin on the stems here is the one that has pods. The paler plant that does not produce much notable Anthocyanin is trying my patience due to zero fruit set.

Looking at the forecast for the month and bcos it's raining cats and dogs here i just spent about an hour soaking in the rain moving all my pots inside. The pergola is half taken and partners not happy with that. Reckons i am going crazy (might be right), and that i won't do this for my own child (once again might be right). Also that if i catch a cold the chilli plant ain't taking care of me (point taken). I can sleep well tonight.

Looking at the forecast for the month and bcos it's raining cats and dogs here i just spent about an hour soaking in the rain moving all my pots inside. The pergola is half taken and partners not happy with that. Reckons i am going crazy (might be right), and that i won't do this for my own child (once again might be right). Also that if i catch a cold the chilli plant ain't taking care of me (point taken). I can sleep well tonight.
It is good when our partners learn their place is beneath chilli like this. Its heartbreaking to say it to their face.

Has anyone gone through the process of selecting a paint (and maybe a sealant) for the outside of black plastic pots?

Back