• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

overwintering Winter-Summer in OZ "Comparison" / Aussie Blabberers

Who will win?

• A muppet

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • A muppet

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • A muppet

Votes: 23 39.7%

• Total voters
I only just noticed that we all have a new member here on THP stalking us all. (Maybe he has been around for a while and I just hadn't noticed) my old pal google has been joined by his nemesis facebook.

I do wonder what exactly that bot gets up to.

I'm starting to build my seed stock for the coming season and can't seem to find any Datil seeds? Anyone know of an online seed site that has them? I'd prefer an Australian site but overseas will do.
Also, anyone know the name of those long thin black ones and where to get them? pasillo something?

I'm starting to build my seed stock for the coming season and can't seem to find any Datil seeds? Anyone know of an online seed site that has them? I'd prefer an Australian site but overseas will do.
Also, anyone know the name of those long thin black ones and where to get them? pasillo something?

Have you asked Grant? Jungle Rain? and its pasilla

Mezo.

Haven't asked me gran yet ;) I figured he would have some cos hes got tons but I'm looking buy a whole lot not just one variety.

Thanks Milkman I've seen that site before but lost its address.

It may be worth trying Datil seeds from http://pureflorida.b...per-seeds.html.

I'll add that when I performed a web search I found Chilliseedbank.com.au have a Datil Yellow listed but without any photos or description.

Pasilla Bajio? I can help you with that one if you're still chasing, Moo.

Here's one of the buggers here:

IMG_7416.jpg

Plant and fruit ended up getting smashed by broad mite and fruit fly but I still have some of the seeds left from my original source.

Yep thats about how small it looked in your hand when i was watching you through your webcam. :rofl:

Mezo. (just kidding Gas im not that good) or am i?

Hey I have just ordered some Serrano Seeds. My Question is what is the best all round chilli out of Serrano and Jalapeno for eating/cooking/sauces??

I only have space for the 1 of the 2 varieties and figured Serrano would be my best best for overall yield and use. Am I correct in thinking this??

Hey I have just ordered some Serrano Seeds. My Question is what is the best all round chilli out of Serrano and Jalapeno Yellow 7 Pod for eating/cooking/sauces??

I only have space for the 1 of the 2 varieties and figured Serrano would be my best best for overall yield and use. Am I correct in thinking this??

Fixed

Haha already have one of those growing, along with a few other superhots and Choc Habs and Bahamian Goat so no need to worry there :D

Thai Birdseye? its bit hotter than Serrano but not as fleshy, ive got them & firecrackers,

Mezo.

I already have NTR's and Orange Lanterns and Po Cheong, Wild Brazil and Super Chilli either growing or penciled in and Birdseye HTM growing as well, so the small mild snack chilli's are well taken care of, I am just wanting a nice fleshy good producing variety for Salsa/Sauce/eating/cooking and I have narrowed it down to Jalapeno (Which I grew this season but was not overly productive) and Serrano which I have just ordered some seeds of from THSC

http://www.chillibir...m.au/Datil.html

Based out of QLD, I've bought off her many times.
I emailed her and they're out of those seeds. They've removed the link to navigate to the datil page from the homepage, you must have had it saved or something?

Harry I'd rather not get from overseas,if only for the extra waiting time. That pureflorida site seems to have only one type of chilli seeds for sale?.... seems odd to me :eh:
I had noticed that chilliseedbank had them listed and I'm still waiting to hear back from them. Bought from them before with no complaints.

Pasilla Bajio seems like the one I was thinking of... but there was also an even longer and skinnier black one that I saw like a runner bean, might have had a similar name.

I emailed her and they're out of those seeds. They've removed the link to navigate to the datil page from the homepage, you must have had it saved or something?

Harry I'd rather not get from overseas,if only for the extra waiting time. That pureflorida site seems to have only one type of chilli seeds for sale?.... seems odd to me :eh:
I had noticed that chilliseedbank had them listed and I'm still waiting to hear back from them. Bought from them before with no complaints.

Pasilla Bajio seems like the one I was thinking of... but there was also an even longer and skinnier black one that I saw like a runner bean, might have had a similar name.

Good Datil seeds seem to be something that's difficult to find. I mentioned Pureflorida as it was referenced as a good source.

Another place with Datil seeds and a photo is Fireworksfoods.com.au.

Mega this site is in WA and has the seeds you are looking for

Chilli and Spice I have used them before however can not verify what there seed quality is like however the packaging and service was good

Back