• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

overwintering Winter-Summer in OZ "Comparison" / Aussie Blabberers

Who will win?

• A muppet

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • A muppet

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • A muppet

Votes: 23 39.7%

• Total voters
Yeah, Mezo, some will still produce. Not a great deal or a huge amount or anything but it does happen up here.

I'm a bit confused though. You make it sound like a bad thing! :lol:

Its not a bad thing, its unusual for me that`s all & i was uncertain of what to expect or do for that matter.

I'll take some shots of my plants soon Mezo. My plants are still podding and flowering as well. They have slowed a lot but I have been getting some good mini harvests off them in the past few weeks. I will be culling my plants down to a select few and repotting for the coming season in the next few weeks.

I have decided to up my container sizes ... down my plant/variety numbers and try to get better harvests instead of having multiple plants some of which I don't really need.

Really around here we have 2 months of slow growth and 2 dry temperate summers either side with a hot spring where summer should be :D with no winter to speak of. I know it would be a little cooler inland where you are but I think you will find your day temps will allow some fruit to set but they will simply be smaller in size and quantity.

I can see both Vegas & the Gold Coast from yonder hillside, im not that far inland but for sure its cooler than Brizzy & the coast. I was just wondering why im the only donut growing this years chilli`s that`s all, if it can be done why are the rest of you not growing any?

Mezo.

Its not a bad thing, its unusual for me that`s all & i was uncertain of what to expect or do for that matter.

I can see both Vegas & the Gold Coast from yonder hillside, im not that far inland but for sure its cooler than Brizzy & the coast. I was just wondering why im the only donut growing this years chilli`s that`s all, if it can be done why are the rest of you not growing any?

Mezo.

Mine are still growing from last season and I have no more room on my balcony!!!!!!!!!!

I will be starting a few seeds in a couple of weeks time once I have my stock take of what I will keep and what I need to re-grow

Do you have allotments in this country? in Pomgolia if you have no garden you can lease an allotment for growing your veggies. Ive been here donkeys years & ive never seen one, the way housing is going in Aussie now id say there was a call for them.

Mezo.

Mezo.

I am attempting to grow but it can't be as impressive as I'd hoped due to the garden bed being shaded. That got me down a little on my gardening.
Do you have allotments in this country? in Pomgolia if you have no garden you can lease an allotment for growing your veggies. Ive been here donkeys years & ive never seen one, the way housing is going in Aussie now id say there was a call for them.

Mezo.

Yeah I've never heard of that in Australia but I've never really lived in a city where there is space issues.

Mezo.

They are actually starting to pop up all over the place but are usually called Community Gardens there is one planned for my kids school. Might have to put some superhots in :hell:

I haven't seen any commercial ones as yet though like in the UK

Different name i guess, in the UK space is at a premium (back yards to grow a stacks of plants non existent) its been that way for decades in the UK so the local councils set aside land for gardeners to grow plants, there is a TV show in OZ that's trying to promote community gardening (forget the show) but yeah its the way forward if you have a piss ant balcony to grow shit on.

Mezo.

They've actually started here in Perth too, in my street as well!
Joondanna is about 5min from the CBD, there's a few flats and villas there, lot's of parks, and most people knocking down the houses on 750m^2 blocks and subdividing for 2 or 3 houses on them instead.
So the council took one unused park on my street and made it a community food garden.
http://tinyurl.com/bl8a4ze

Anyone want to buy for 375m^2 block for $460k ? Has the community food garden on the street, lots of schools, shops, rail, freeway, cafes and pretty much everything nearby and 5 min from the CBD.
LOL.

if it can be done why are the rest of you not growing any?

I would if I could! ;) I still have a handful of plants producing but culled the majority of my other plants as they just weren't worth saving (due to the pest attacks).

I had actually planned a while back on doing Autumn starts for the coming season and hopefully get a big headstart on things before pest numbers increased again in the Spring but as I have since decided I will be moving in a few months time, it's just too much trouble at this point. Well, that and I'm still too bummed about this last season to find the motivation....

On a brighter note, after checking on my remaining plants today I was thrilled to discover a few ripe Choc Bhuts hanging from one of my plants that look untouched by fruit fly and my Bonda ma Jacques, which produced absolutely bagel all season, has a few baby pods finally developing. Oh yeah, and as well as that, I also got Fataliis starting to ripen too ATM. :dance:

I only just noticed that we all have a new member here on THP stalking us all. (Maybe he has been around for a while and I just hadn't noticed) my old pal google has been joined by his nemesis facebook.

I only just noticed that we all have a new member here on THP stalking us all. (Maybe he has been around for a while and I just hadn't noticed) my old pal google has been joined by his nemesis facebook.

Yeah i had noticed the Facebook Bot, i only allow the Google Bot on my forum, don't need the extra traffic or expense.
But then again my forum is advert free, this ones not & the boss would have deliberately allowed it for extra revenue. $$

Mezo.

Just out of curiosity (well, more so because I'm nosey :D)... what is your forum, Mezo?

Nothing to do with chilli`s Gas, just boring motorbikes.
NordieBoy.gif

You can have a nosy if you wish here, but don't bother trying to join its very bike specific (and im the fat controller who lets people join) and just by a weird coincidence one of my members is also a member on here (McGoo in Perth) he obviously likes hot chilli peppers & the same taste in bikes.

Its only a very small forum, paid for entirely by my members (not me) but we do have 33 countries represented. :party:

Mezo.

Well, I'll just take my enthusiasm for bikes elsewhere then.... :snooty:

J/K! I don't know the first thing about 'em!

(Can you see me lurking? Can you see me lurking? :D)

Back