• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

overwintering Winter-Summer in OZ "Comparison" / Aussie Blabberers

Who will win?

• A muppet

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • A muppet

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • A muppet

Votes: 23 39.7%

• Total voters
Something is going on in Perth`s eastern burbs, i had a text to close my windows & close all vents, i live in NSW you knobs. :party:

Seems there`s a chemical spill & fire in Canning Vale.

Mezo.

How are the Bih Jolokias? They look more smooth skinned than mine, but its my first time growing them so really don't know what to expect.

Their not bad, you can tell their a chinese thats for sure. Not as hot as I thought they would be but then I've only eaten the first few pods that aren't fully grown pods. Some of the newer pods look like their skin isn't so smooth, and are bigger.
and the same plant is now putting out pods that look like this ..
IMG_0003Medium_zpsa6411022.jpg

That shape does look like Aji Lemon. Hard to tell before it has ripened tho.

Two more! :party:

Gas pots only or what ever goes ?

I'm game for pots only. What do you guys all reckon? We all have the option of growing in pots but not all of us have the option of growing in the ground.... :think:

(Although I was actually planning on putting mine in the ground! :doh:)

Two more! :party:

I'm game for pots only. What do you guys all reckon? We all have the option of growing in pots but not all of us have the option of growing in the ground.... :think:

(Although I was actually planning on putting mine in the ground! :doh:)

And how big a pot? ie you can't use a bath tub as a pot. :rofl:

Nice idea Gas, lets all see who can grown the fattest bud. :high:

Just been given the all clear text message from Perth, thanks lads can i open my window six thousand kilometres away?

I can see flashes of lightning getting very close, the wind is picking up & there`s a load of rumbling in the sky.

Great i just watered the plants as well, your next Gas.

http://www.bom.gov.a...loop.shtml#skip

Mezo.

Damn, there goes that! :lol:

Any size pot as long as it's a pot sound good?

(And yeah, that means no kegs, Kev! :P)

Cum on bro its a pot if it has hole in the top :)

Of course you are... you apartment dweller! :P

Ok I haven't worked out this quote thing

Just been given the all clear text message from Perth, thanks lads can i open my window six thousand kilometres away?

I can see flashes of lightning getting very close, the wind is picking up & there`s a load of rumbling in the sky.

Mezo.

That's how toxic r $hit is 6000k u still ain't safe :) lol its all good it near moos house might fix his mite problem :)

Ok I bought an IPad how do I get the little emojis ?

Ok I've had a few lol mezzo see ur here love ur glog

Just incase u miss it my first morugaaaaaaaaa
361B9E6F-43E7-4CB9-9BD7-8322BC5CC275-139-00000002685CDC91.jpg

Mmmmmm bumpy

I don't know if we can share those flix here. ;)

Well that's a relief! :lol:

Mezo.

You've got to be kidding me?? I just went and watered all my plants with worm jizz this arvie. Yay! Bye bye perfectly good and expensive worm jizz out the drainage holes..... >.<

Ah, so that was lightning I saw outside before. Clear sky but flash flash. Thought either you were spying on me again Meez and taking snaps this time or bloody transformers or whatever they are were blowing up or doing whatever it is they do when everybody has their air con on.......

Pretty sure ill loose power at the very least, its the winds that do the damage & im getting 50k + winds already.

Buddy`s done the runner already.

Mezo.

howd you go Mezo? We again missed any excitement and or rain.. last few storms have gone over your way and around us.
We left the tap on from the tank a while back and need it filled !

WTH... I've somehow managed to get capsaicin somewhere and for the life of me can't figure out where! Every time I think I've got most of it off my hands, I go to rub my eyes or scratch my nose or take a slash or something and BOOM! Probably my mouse or keyboard or something stupid like that........ :lol:

Im real careful now, ive been burt so many times i make a point of sitting in the same spot with my gloves on & not move till the jobs done.

A few months ago Trish was cooking dinner & she was coughing here lungs up, eyes watering, WTF is going on she said?
It was simply chilli residue still in the frypan i had cooked with, been washed & put away but was impregnated in to her pan.

Geez did i cop some abuse about that.

Mezo.

Geez did i cop some abuse about that.

"THAT'S NOT HOW YOU LIGHT A FIRE!!!"

Did she crack you over the head with the frypan? :rofl:

Yeah, I'm forever burning myself. My hands have this constant mild tingle these days. I have a box of gloves but majority of the time I can't be assed putting a pair on.

A bit like strapping on a jimmy... choose not to wear one and risk a nasty burn afterward! :lol:

Just checked the peppers, must have lost about a dozen pods in last nights windy weather, plus a load of flowers.

If they wasn't cross pollinated they surely are now.

Mezo.

Sheeet Meez, you can't get a break where you are!

I don't think we ended up copping much here last night (if anything at all).

When I went to bed at around 11:30 or whatever it was, I could see lightning off in the distance but the sky was still clear here. No damage this morning and didn't even look like it had rained.

Alright, I'm done with summer.... is it autumn yet?? Plants in pots are looking like shit now thanks to the summer sun and fruit fly are peaking for sure now. Think I might get in early this season and start culling unwanted plants soon and all that. Prep some new beds and crap too. So sick of growing in pots! If I get my ass into gear and I get the beds ready for planting in about a month/by end of summer max, I'm gonna just plant seeds straight into 'em and see how that works. As long as I sow 'em and they pop before it cools down, I'll be laughing!

great to see that most people are having a good season and starting to get fruit.

Well my season has just got much easier.
Firstly I had alot of my Chilli attacked by a ginormous grass hopper and chomped off the tops and stripped alot of leaves, then i went away fishing for a week over the xmas break and came home to crispy Chilli's.
lost about half of them due to our 40+ Deg heat. I had auto watering but not too sure if it stuffed up or just wasn't enough for them.
Then finally I have got a Chilli thief. I noticed some Chilli missing when I got home from fishing then about a week later I went to pick some TS and the 7 odd ripened ones were gone. It seemed to really like the hot ones and left the mild ones until the other day when about 20 odd Pimenta De Neydes got taken.
The strangest thing is it is taken the whole Chilli's and leaving nothing behind.
So now I have to move my operations offshore and try and grow at Work, mums, mates etc to try and get some Chilli.
Has anyone ever had this problem with whole Chilli's getting taken? I am assuming it is rats but not too sure until I can catch the bugger.

Micca

Back