• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

overwintering Winter-Summer in OZ "Comparison" / Aussie Blabberers

Who will win?

• A muppet

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • A muppet

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • A muppet

Votes: 23 39.7%

• Total voters
Aussie said:
Thanks Micca! I have a Douglah plant growing now. Once I have enough peppers, I will test them.

Would love to see the outcome for it. I think there was a couple of versions going around but if it is pimply, rough and ugly turd looking it is the right Pheno.

Micca

Picked a few more this morning from overwintered plants that were put in ground for the summer. The plants that produced these peppers are the same age (seed planted Aug 2014 2013) and have been grown under the same conditions. From taste tests these are among the hottest that we grow. I will post the test results later this week, once they are dried and powdered, extracted and analysed. It will be interesting to see how our tests compare with other data on these varieties.

Douglah (SLP seed). Not a prolific producer and very late season, compared to others. Big peppers.

Chocolate Trinidad Scorpion (JR seed). Smallish plant with well structured growing habit. Prolific, smallish to medium-sized peppers, some of which grow pointing upwards. These peppers sunburn easily. I'm sure that this plant would do better out of direct, strong sunlight.

H2PPB (SLP seed) aka reaper. I have 2 plants in ground side-by-side, one is putting out small fruit, the other is producing these nice big peppers. These plants are medium-sized and are moderately productive.  

Great looking Peppers mate. Will be interesting to see the outcome.
The Reapers are the hottest I have grown so far, they really do pack a punch!

Micca

Hey Nova u are still with us Mate :P
Thought you might have eaten too many Chilli's and gone to Chilli heaven Hahaha
How is it all going?

Micca

Aussie, I'm surprised at your low production on the douglahs. My douglahs have been very heavy producers. Very nice pods that you've got there overall!

Sounds like Gassy needs some cheering up. Let's see if these don't help….

The view down my block:
w1.jpg

The view from my side door towards my neighbor's garage:
w2.jpg

And since this is a growing thread, how 'bout this pic of my "overwinter" chile plants???
w3.jpg

Yeah, those dogs don't hunt no mo'!

Did those work - feel better now???  :D

geeme said:
Aussie, I'm surprised at your low production on the douglahs. My douglahs have been very heavy producers. Very nice pods that you've got there overall!

Sounds like Gassy needs some cheering up. Let's see if these don't help….

The view down my block:
w1.jpg

w2.jpg

And since this is a growing thread, how 'bout this pic of my "overwinter" chile plants???
w3.jpg

Yeah, those dogs don't hunt no mo'!

Did those work - feel better now???  :D

I feel for you Geeme. That is some snow!
Maybe they are some special Stick Pepper plants ;)
Good luck for next season

Micca

geeme said:
The view down my block:

Brrr ... that looks freakin' cold, geeme!

Can you keep that in the northern hemispere, please!
I'm pretty sure they said on our local news the other night that only 2 states in the US don't have snow atm, Hawaii and Florida.
Does that sound about right?

geeme said:

Thanks Geeme! Lots more pods ripening on the plant.

Great pics. Very picturesque with the snow.

nuclearDays said:

Brrr ... that looks freakin' cold, geeme!

Can you keep that in the northern hemispere, please!
I'm pretty sure they said on our local news the other night that only 2 states in the US don't have snow atm, Hawaii and Florida.
Does that sound about right?

Last time I checked I didn't have any power over the weather, but I'll see what I can do to help y'all out! ;)
And yeah, lots of snow this year all over. I grew up in southeast Texas, where it only snows a tad maybe once every ten years or so. This seems to be one of those times.

Enjoy your grow season while it lasts!

Very unusual Pube there Harry. You must be a very happy Dad finally getting some pods to hold on, specially after 2 1/2 years!
Looking forward to some piccies when ripens.

Micca

Picked a few more this morning. 

White bhut (PL)

White 7 pot (PL)

Peach bhut (PL)

Here is this morning's harvest for a colour comparison.

Top left to bottom right: white bhut, yellow Moruga, white 7 pot, yellow bhut, peach bhut. 
The Moruga looks orange and the 7 pot is pale yellow to me.

Back