• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

overwintering Winter-Summer in OZ "Comparison" / Aussie Blabberers

Who will win?

• A muppet

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • A muppet

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • A muppet

Votes: 23 39.7%

• Total voters
I've been looking for a calcium additive and after your post I went onto the Growth Technology site. I didn't know they did one and I couldn't find it on there at all. But I also couldn't find chilli focus and I know they sell that. The have a link to their newsletter and the last one is from 2007 :P Guess they sort of neglect the site.
They are just down the road from me so I'll go in and ask.

If you have problems finding calcium make your own , works good. you have the egg shells, save a bunch fry them up good and black soak in viegar for 7-10 days makes water soluble calcium plants love it. cheap and works

If you have problems finding calcium make your own , works good. you have the egg shells, save a bunch fry them up good and black soak in viegar for 7-10 days makes water soluble calcium plants love it. cheap and works

Well my son is badly allergic to eggs and they make me sick so I never have them but I could get my olds to save me some. What do you mean by "black soak" ?

edit: okay i see fry them up black - then soak in vinegar?

fry them real black, once black let them set till cool, cover with white vinegar set aside for 7-10 days in cool place, do not put cap on tight as vinegar will make gas pressure for a few days, strain use 2 tablespoons to the gal of water. please do this outside if you want to keep your wife, you will never forget the smell. it also helps to break shells as small as you can, I run them thru food grinder first then fry. good luck to you.

n5MWu.jpg

First Trinidad Scorpion pod set this season

My first Trinidad Scorpion pod was a surprise find today. It even has the constriction by the corolla that will hopefully result in a stinger. Judging by the size and the position it appears to be from one of the first set of flowers in the bloom.

I kept an eye out for dropped Trinidad Scorpion corollas since the plant started flowering but didn't find any.

Hey you Aussies and friends,
I need some help again for my schooling, any help would be very muchly appreciated
I am doing a business course along with my wife to help with our new business venture
basically we just need a heap of people to help us with answering our questionnaire for market research, more info can be found here;
http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/25527-market-research-questionnaire-for-junglerain/

also for those who don't know, here is some info on our sauces;
http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/23280-junglerain-hot-chilli-sauce/

Hope its ok to post this here, thanks...

WTF? Earlier I was at Bunnings picking up some supplies and something just hit me. Dynamic Lifter. 2.5kg bag for $8.86 or 17.5kg for $16.95. Hmmmm decisions... :think:

They must make a killing off chumpsā€”like me :rolleyes:ā€”that buy the 2.5kg bags! Well, not anymore. I think it's safe to say that I'm loaded and have more than enough of the stuff for the season... :D

Hey you Aussies and friends,
I need some help again for my schooling, any help would be very muchly appreciated
I am doing a business course along with my wife to help with our new business venture
basically we just need a heap of people to help us with answering our questionnaire for market research, more info can be found here;
http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/25527-market-research-questionnaire-for-junglerain/

also for those who don't know, here is some info on our sauces;
http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/23280-junglerain-hot-chilli-sauce/

Hope its ok to post this here, thanks...
I hope I speak for everyone when I say, post whatever the hell you want in this thread! (After all, we Aussies are a laid-back bunch, aren't we? :lol:)

Probably not tonightā€”too much :drunk: to thinkā€”but will definitely fill out another questionnaire for ya, Grant! I think I owe it to you after taking so long to do the last... ;)

Yay! C. baccatum "Aji Amarillo" x C. chinense "Yellow Trinidad Scorpion" parent pod.

IMG_6367.jpg

Not something I plannedā€”just an opportunistic cross reallyā€”but will have a chance to grow out the F1 this season. :D (That is of course provided the seeds are viable. :scared:)

r
I hope I speak for everyone when I say, post whatever the hell you want in this thread! (After all, we Aussies are a laid-back bunch, aren't we? :lol:)

Probably not tonightā€”too much :drunk: to thinkā€”but will definitely fill out another questionnaire for ya, Grant! I think I owe it to you after taking so long to do the last... ;)
+ one bazillion :D

Yeah but where Grant is concerned you can hardly use the term blabberer.
The man is a freakin machine! :lol:
Yeah, wait, what I said probably came out wrong! :oops:

I just meant, post whatever the hell you want = blabberers, and....

:stops before digs too much deeper: :lol:

Sorry, Grant, I didn't mean it that way! :)

And I should really start my own 2011/2012 grow log now, but until I do, I'm just gonna annoy you all and keep posting here. :P

Datil x Limon with ripe pod:
IMG_6375.jpg

Doogie Howser:
IMG_6381.jpg

Bonda Ma Jacques:
IMG_6393.jpg

Cheiro White. Really love the growth habit of this oneā€”all low and branching out and stuff:
IMG_6390.jpg

CGN 22794:
IMG_6384.jpg

C. chacoense. Very strange growth style:
IMG_6386.jpg

Poor CGN 21500 with first signs of mite damage: :(
IMG_6380.jpg

Back