• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

overwintering Winter-Summer in OZ "Comparison" / Aussie Blabberers

Who will win?

• A muppet

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • A muppet

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • A muppet

Votes: 23 39.7%

• Total voters
I've soaked.... and sowed.....and now fingers crossed!

Start yourself a grow log or "Glog" thread on here & take plenty of pictures, it helps keeping track of things like a calender & people can see where your at in your growing, plus if there's a problem you can post it on there & everyone can answer.

Here`s my Glog.

Mezo.

Well, I had the pleasure of meeting Grant (junglerain) yesterday! Wow.....the garden he has is amazing....i was just muttering "that's crazy" a lot, as he took me through all the different chilli plants he has there! He gave me tons of really good advice, and i went away with a load of seeds and a couple of bottles of amazing sauce!! I've soaked.... and sowed.....and now fingers crossed!

Thanks again Grant, you're a star...

Great to hear.

You are lucky to have a Chilli Guru living close enough to visit. The beatles had to travel all the way to India for their guru fix ;)

A few pics from down here near Melbourne

Aji Amarillo flower
P1000529.jpg

Aji Amarillo
P1000531.jpg

Scotch Bonnet flower
P1000536.jpg

Scotch Bonnet
P1000540.jpg

Yellow 7 Pot
P1000545.jpg

Hybrid Fatali
P1000542.jpg

Peter Pepper flower
P1000546.jpg

Jalapeno Flower
P1000533.jpg

Cheers

Mitch

Well, I had the pleasure of meeting Grant (junglerain) yesterday! Wow.....the garden he has is amazing....i was just muttering "that's crazy" a lot, as he took me through all the different chilli plants he has there! He gave me tons of really good advice, and i went away with a load of seeds and a couple of bottles of amazing sauce!! I've soaked.... and sowed.....and now fingers crossed!

Thanks again Grant, you're a star...
Hes is becomming a get about in the generosity stakes.. oh well what can i say, my cricket club is now burning moderatley , bellies are full , remedial beers were purchased, money has been raised. if you could only list what the pods were that you sent me... ( also added my first red rocoto to the mix) Generostiy +1

how bad?? are they responsible for the black entry points on the surfaces of my capsicums?

It seems that the weather knows the Fremantle chilli festival is on this weekend.
zasdf.jpg

Think I'll go on the saturday when its nice and cool.

Man i gotta say you aussies have it figured out. this thread is always awesome and lighthearted and entertaining. Keep doing your think and ill keep on lurking!

Start yourself a grow log or "Glog" thread on here & take plenty of pictures, it helps keeping track of things like a calender & people can see where your at in your growing, plus if there's a problem you can post it on there & everyone can answer.

Here`s my Glog.

Mezo.

Here`s my Glog.

Mezo.
sorted!!! fingers crossed! :) http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/28943-nees-blog-a-rama-my-first-go-at-growing/

All of my various chinense in the buckets are podding, (everything from 7 pots to fatalii and trinidad scorp). Strange thing is all the immature pods are soft. That's not right is it?
I've only had habs before, and they weren't like that when immature.

The only hab that had soft pods before, ended up dying after dropping leaves, branches dying off etc).
But these new plants in buckets aren't drying out, dropping leaves or have any dying stems, the plants look OK in the main. So I don't know if it's a heat issue, a watering issue a deficiency or they are all diseased, or what.
Anyone had soft light green immature pods on an otherwise healthy looking plant?

I said a long time ago I would put up pics of my chilli disaster. Well I can finally bare to look at it... so can you.
fudgnk008.jpg

fudgnk007.jpg

fudgnk006.jpg

Before
decemberplants021.jpg

After
fudgnk010.jpg

These pictures were taken a week or so after I had given up and stopped watering, so the damage is exaggerated but you get the idea. It was a definitely an infection or bug or mite that ripped through them. Not helped by me probably.

@megamoo - that's nasty. Sorry to see it.

On the weather - one thing I have noticed is that even tho the day temps are high, the overnight temps aren't as bad as they were earlier in the year. Difference around my way is that the plants dont look like they have been in an oven all night by 8am in the morning. In fact, today I didn't bother watering until I got home - and then only minimally.

That`s sad to see, having lived in Perth for five years & growing for all that time im finding it hard to figure why that happened.

Are you sure its not wifey/neighbor sabotage? did you over water them perhaps? to much ferts? when i was watering there i gave them all a light drink at around 9pm & then a good soak at 6am before i set off for work, never during the heat of the day.

Mezo.

few more pics and a sauce I made :)

huge Yellow 7
P1000552.jpg

Yellow 7 tree
P1000554.jpg

Hybrid Fatali :beer:
P1000560.jpg

huge Scotch Bonnet
P1000551.jpg

Yellow 7, Fatali Sauce Mango and Orange sauce
P1000563.jpg

Ingredients:
Yellow 7's
Fatali
Mango
Orange
Honey
Vinegar
Carrot
Onion
Garlic

Cheers

Looks like I'm finally getting some pod set! I can tell something is different because when I move some branches of the TS Butch T's in the garden beds, I actually see pollen flying around. I wasn't getting that a few weeks earlier, lots of flowers, but nothing pollinated.

IMG_20120311_134453.jpg

IMG_20120311_134514.jpg

IMG_20120311_134547.jpg

14/3/2012 - 3 pics of my yellow bhut jolokia
seedlings

P1000242.jpg

P1000243.jpg

P1000244.jpg

pics of my choc habanero plant repotted 2 weeks ago and since then has gone barzerk

P1000247.jpg

P1000248.jpg

P1000245.jpg

P1000246.jpg

Back