• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

overwintering Winter-Summer in OZ "Comparison" / Aussie Blabberers

Who will win?

• A muppet

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • A muppet

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • A muppet

Votes: 23 39.7%

• Total voters
I've been reading lots of posts about chillies that I'm missing cos all my plants died :P haven't been posting much cos all my plants died :P and can't really give growing advice cos all my plants died :P

My mind is planning next seasons take over the whole world chilli grow though.

Other than that nothing else has been happening... cept all my plants died :P

You need to be strung up Moo (by your knackersss), ya murderer
this time you plant them you need to just water them and stay well away
your killing them with kindness
.......by the way what do you want me to send you for the coming season?

I've been reading lots of posts about chillies that I'm missing cos all my plants died :P haven't been posting much cos all my plants died :P and can't really give growing advice cos all my plants died :P

I know where you are coming from. Haven't had any "deaths" yet - but the superhots are battling to keep their leaves let alone flowers.

On the bright side - Habs are going great.

Booyah! The seeds from the Bongo Chilli and Jungle Chilli from Fiji arrived in the mail today after we posted them from the hotel last week. Doesn't even look like customs opened them up. At least I have some new things to grow next season.

Booyah! The seeds from the Bongo Chilli and Jungle Chilli from Fiji arrived in the mail today after we posted them from the hotel last week. Doesn't even look like customs opened them up. At least I have some new things to grow next season.

Sweet work. When are you getting them started??

I reckon I'll start 1st of June this year. I started 1st of July last year, and even though some of my plants are over a metre tall, I would still like to get flowers and pod set in Dec/Jan as our season is just too short in Melbourne.

I was up in Gold Coast in the last 2 weeks for work, I would absolutely smash it up there using my growing methods with that beautiful humid weather. Oh, and the copious amounts of chicks wearing little amounts of clothes is highly appealing as well....

I reckon I'll start 1st of June this year. I started 1st of July last year, and even though some of my plants are over a metre tall, I would still like to get flowers and pod set in Dec/Jan as our season is just too short in Melbourne.

I was up in Gold Coast in the last 2 weeks for work, I would absolutely smash it up there using my growing methods with that beautiful humid weather. Oh, and the copious amounts of chicks wearing little amounts of clothes is highly appealing as well....

Yeah I will be starting a little earlier as well (or continuing in most cases I think except for a few plants), I think I could do a little better here if I had the space but one of my balconies is full to overflowing as it is, will hopefully get a house with some more space around June so could be time to put some plants into the ground.

The chicks wearing little clothes I wouldn't know anything about that :whistle: :hell:

You need to be strung up Moo (by your knackersss), ya murderer
this time you plant them you need to just water them and stay well away
your killing them with kindness
.......by the way what do you want me to send you for the coming season?

Well I should mention that I have one plant, a jalapeno, doing really well that has had all the same overcaring treatment as the others. The difference is its on my kitchen window sill. I've had one harvest of pods, then I cut it back and potted it up and put it back in the same spot and its putting out tons of flowers. They were all dropping so I tried an electric toothbrush but nothing. Then the other day I tried hand pollinating with a cotton bud. Now I have 5 or 6 pods starting and many more buds sprouting too.

From the spread of the devastation outside I'm guessing I had a bug or disease invader, which wasn't helped by some relentless hot and dry days. Despite allllll the stupid mistakes, I can't put the fail all down to myself and I'm confident in my new place I will get a good harvest.

Jungle you're too kind offering to send me seeds, but its hard to say no when I've seen your grow list! Haven't sorted out my list yet and not sure how much room I'll have, but I'll keep you posted.
I'm still burning myself daily on your sauces. Tonight I put some of the serpents bite on pasta but I didn't shake the bottle first. :mouthonfire:
I think I got the hot stuff that had floated to the top, caught me out got teary eyes and nose running. Tasty tho :D

What variety of little Effers are these?

070320121434.jpg

Picked some chillies today :cool: then decided to do some seed work. I had some dried seeds that needed to be bagged and tagged, and I wanted to cut up some pods for more seed. While cutting up some Anuums, and burning my mouth out eating them, I thought it be worth seeing what the heat difference was with my orange habanero's. Last time I tried one it wasn't that hot. This time it was much hotter. :fireball: Very happy to see they not a complete waste.
There is my nots my Choc habanero? , then theres the orange habanero which I'm thinking maybe Mulo De Tiro. Both have some good heat to them. Then the really small pods were meant to be Zimbabwe birdseye, I think there just a baby birdseye.
07032012450.jpg

Check out the inside of this Choc habanero
26022012448.jpg

These are some pods I got off a friend yesterday.
07032012452.jpg

07032012456.jpg

This was meant to be yellow habanero, now I'm thinking is maybe Cheiro Do Norte (maybe Cheiro Do Not, lol very low heat)
18022012446.jpg

Yellow hab not/ Cheiro Do Norte plant
16022012445-1.jpg

Thats a big bummer there Moo!
Hey the Chilli Fest is coming up this weekend. If ya lucky you will be able to pick up some fruiting plants there. I know Wildfire will have some TS and Bhut plants for sale not too sure about fruiting though.
Should be a great weekend at the fest. Lots of Chilli beer and Chilli tasting Mmmmmmm................

Micca

Thats a big bummer there Moo!
Hey the Chilli Fest is coming up this weekend. If ya lucky you will be able to pick up some fruiting plants there. I know Wildfire will have some TS and Bhut plants for sale not too sure about fruiting though.
Should be a great weekend at the fest. Lots of Chilli beer and Chilli tasting Mmmmmmm................

Micca

That sounds primo Micca!! Wish I was closer and I would be there ....

Hows your season going haven't seen you around of late??

Hey Trippa hows it going mate?

Yeah hanging out for the Chillifest, should be great fun and will give those sauce makers a bit of curry :cool:

Been a bit slow over here just waiting for it to cool down a bit and they should start fruiting more. We just had our 7th heatwave since november which they don't like to set fruit during the heatwaves.
The outdoor hydrosystems are going off though seeing they get watered every hour or two.

Here a couple of piccies of some Chilli

free image hosting

TC07077 Potka/Boonbai Morich

Happy Chilli Growing,
Micca
image hosting jpeg

Yeah all good Micca ... those pods are looking hot bro!

Whats the background of the Potka/Boonbai Morich ??? Cool looking pods!

Cheers Mate.
The background is from K-Mart, i think it is some art paper? They had it in the stationary / school crap section. Wanted the black to show up the Peppers a bit.

Micca

Cheers Mate.
The background is from K-Mart, i think it is some art paper? They had it in the stationary / school crap section. Wanted the black to show up the Peppers a bit.

Micca

Hahah thanks :rofl: !! I didn't word that very well :oops: , I mean can you tell me some more about that variety of Chilli :D

Hahaha.......ooooops :scared:

Well this fella I have been trying to grow for about 4 years but kept dropping fruit etc so damn happy to see some.
It's a superhot from bangladesh which they collected from a village over there. I requested some seed from AVRDC and that was one of them.
I have had some and was nice, pretty hot maybe on the low end of the superhot scale.

Micca

Well, I had the pleasure of meeting Grant (junglerain) yesterday! Wow.....the garden he has is amazing....i was just muttering "that's crazy" a lot, as he took me through all the different chilli plants he has there! He gave me tons of really good advice, and i went away with a load of seeds and a couple of bottles of amazing sauce!! I've soaked.... and sowed.....and now fingers crossed!

Thanks again Grant, you're a star...

Back