• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

overwintering Winter-Summer in OZ "Comparison" / Aussie Blabberers

Who will win?

• A muppet

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • A muppet

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • A muppet

Votes: 23 39.7%

• Total voters
thanks for the compliments guys
I'll also get the developer to take a look at the prob

anyone got any ideas or found any more probs with the site,
please let me know
much appreciated
Grant

thanks for the compliments guys
I'll also get the developer to take a look at the prob

anyone got any ideas or found any more probs with the site,
please let me know
much appreciated
Grant

Looking good Junglerain, I think your seeds section would be better if you had more descriptions. For example I bought zimbabwe birdseye's from a site last year (can't remember the name). Part of my reasoning for buying them is because their cold tolorant, and I think I should be able to grow them all year round. Now if only I can get them to grow, my first batch failed to germinate. :(

Just bought some stuff from jungle rain!! *excited*

If i plant some of the superhots now in perth they should be producing by december?? if all goes well?

I don't think so, you need to allow 5-6 months. 3-4 months for plant growth and 1-2 months for pods to grow and ripen.
But we have a long season so you should be OK by Feb-March. edit: you might get flowers forming in the 3rd month, but if you let them pod, the plant doesn't have energy to actually grow, better off picking the buds off and letting the plant get to 50+cm tall before letting it flower, it will mean more pods in the end.
In fact our summer is often too hot for pods. You need to plant in June to get late spring/early summer pods, or wait out the 40C days (where plants just wilt and flowers just drop off or pods get sun scalded) to get march/april pods.

Ive had them sent here before. I read on some ebay ads they wont send to tassy...

Not sure aye, doesnt worry me just keep it on the DL

I dont think they are going to run rampant and take over WA they are hard enough to get to grow well on their own ><

EWWW just found out i jhave cottony cushion scale bug on one of my chillis....must have come from the rose next to it...

gross

Icerya-purchasi.jpg

there "were" hundreds on my rose!!! along with aphids...i sprayed them with some insecticide, now it looks like its snowing undernear the rose...they are falling HUNDREDS OF THEM!!!

disgusting bug though, it stepped over the line when i found 2 on my small chilli!!

Do you think paper wasps would rape aphids? wondering because I did have some aphids in the winter on my plants. Now the sun is out and the wasps are out. I get afew paper wasps hovering round my plants and the aphids are nowhere to be seen. If so I stand corrected on me saying that wasps have no worth in this world. :D

Some seeds can't be sent to WA because of quarrantine. Things like wheat related crops which there is a large commercial industry here and they don't want infection or bugs to come in and cost $$$$$$$ I wanted to buy a green manure seed mix from a site but they can't send it here.

And tasmania because its an island and a lot of the bugs on the mainland aren't there at all and they want to keep it that way.

Never seen anything saying chilli seeds aren't allowed.

Spent a few hours today feeding rose prunings through a muclher. There were quite a lot of aphids that went through as well. :D

They were trying to climb out of the chute cos they could tell something bad was going to happen, but the slope was too steep, and someone kept gleefully brushing them down into the spinning blades.

I hate wasps.
To know how much, just imagine you're on the roof of a 2 story tiled house, and just you getting up there annoyed them as they had a nest under an eave/gutter. Option 1, be catious and get stung to hell. Option 2, run around away from them and hope you don't break tiles or fall to your death.

My garden has shown signs of ladybugs, lacewings and hoverflies though, all them are cool and don't sting you. Even plenty of bees here that don't sting me. Wasps are arseholes though.
They are idiots too, there is some wasps around here somewhere, as I keep seeing the odd drowned one in my buckets.

Aphids going full pelt here. I damaged this seasons seedlings using pyrenthum to ward of the first wave as I didn't have the time/inclination to let it go. No idea what happened but I stuffed them up, most leaves dropping off and plants sick. Now the aphids are back anyway. Plants stuffed and just aphid food now and nothing I can do about it until the lacewing eggs hatch, the ladybugs lay eggs etc etc.
Problem is though that all the insects hang around my plants from last year. I can't put my new plants in the same area as the old plants because that's where the slugs are and slugs ate up my new plants before the aphids came, and still did when I did try move them where the old plants are. I can;t move where my old plants are because that's the spot that gets the most sunlight.
Why does it have to be so hard? :D

I discovered last year that wasps are extremely attracted to banana flowers. So when my Dwarf Ducasse flowered for the first time, a couple of metre radius was a no go zone around the banana plant while every freaking wasp in the area began feeding on the nectar.

Hate wasps...

When i was in Perth my old boss George was on the roof sliding tiles (electrician) and i was in the house, next i hear him running full chat accross the roof, every step was a broken tile & then he just jumped off the roof & on to the lawn & ran inside the house.

The customer & myself looked at him?? "paper wasps got me" he was stung all over, the nest was right by the gutter & the cavity of the wall where he was wanting to feed a cable down to me & he had slid the tile where the nest was.

Mezo.

Back