• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

overwintering Winter-Summer in OZ "Comparison" / Aussie Blabberers

Who will win?

• A muppet

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • A muppet

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • A muppet

Votes: 23 39.7%

• Total voters
Two varieties is a good idea since opinion is pretty much split halfway. I want to grow both anyway :D

To judge the winner everyone growing should vote for the Best Looking Plant, (can't vote for yourself ;) ) and there should also be a Best Harvest Award. This will obviously rely on a bit of honesty but its not like the winner is going to get a car or anything.

Hey Guys,

every plant I plant (from Bunnings) turns out to be an Orange Hab. I need some colour in my life :P

Your lucky if you got something that actually had heat, like the plants I bought last year. Don't buy chilli plants from bunnings or from a nursery, most the time their not what their meant to be. Best to get seeds from someone like junglerain or hippyseed.

Sorry Harry, I thought I had a spelling error there somewhere. Given the very narrow vote, and the fact I have seen a picture of a Orange Primo (and it looks good), and no picture for Yellow Jonah was provided, or atleast I couldn't be bothered looking too hard, I decided Orange Primo was the best option. Given my superhot list so far is less than 5, I'm not really that picky what we grow. ;)

Time to go off topic:

Hmmm Chilli
From left: Bih Jolokia, Aji Lemon and Aji Lemon Hybrid
20130114_165539_zps45132bf9.jpg

Aji Lemon hybrid
20130112_182758_zpsf77499cc.jpg

Bih Jolokia
20130112_182638_zpsd3058f5d.jpg

Nice looking pods Jayman. What sort of heat do the Aji Lemon hybrids have? Do you know what they are crossed with?

I'm going to grow both those varieties, so why don't we have the option to grow one or both? It will give some insurance in case one of our competition plants karks it?

Sorry Harry, I thought I had a spelling error there somewhere. Given the very narrow vote, and the fact I have seen a picture of a Orange Primo (and it looks good), and no picture for Yellow Jonah was provided, or atleast I couldn't be bothered looking too hard, I decided Orange Primo was the best option. Given my superhot list so far is less than 5, I'm not really that picky what we grow. ;)

Someone found earlier that hot linked images to JungleRain's site are not allowed. He's posted the image to his FB page:
393050_486151598093175_1372923989_n.jpg

7pot Jonah Yellow

The photo on his site looks better.

Nice looking pods Jayman. What sort of heat do the Aji Lemon hybrids have? Do you know what they are crossed with?

I tried one the other day but it wasn't fully ripe. Just had one now, and it is very much like a Aji Lemon in flavor and heat.

What they crossed with? I have no idea.

What did you buy that ended up being an orange Habanero?
I picked these today, they were meant to be some sort of red fire cracker chilli (can't remember the bunnings name on them, but I bought them cause the picture looked like a Red Hab...but guess what? Orange. grrr ;-P)

IMG_9264.jpg

p.s Gas - gave them to some co-workers who cut 'em open and ate them there and then. Not one stow-away in any of them! woo hoo

I picked these today, they were meant to be some sort of red fire cracker chilli (can't remember the bunnings name on them, but I bought them cause the picture looked like a Red Hab...but guess what? Orange. grrr ;-P)

IMG_9264.jpg

p.s Gas - gave them to some co-workers who cut 'em open and ate them there and then. Not one stow-away in any of them! woo hoo

My guess is you haven't been around long enough to recall my list.

I remember seeing red fire cracker plants at Bunnings. They were an upright red fruiting C. Annuum.

Don't be racist, he is a little japanese kid on speed.. leave him alone.

All I can say to that is I can confirm I'm not Scottish

Confused ?? So am I ..i. now have identity issues I never had before and haven't been to sleep in 2 days ....... :rofl:

Was down at the Markets Sunday and came across some Chilli plants for sale.
I have never tasted the Trinidad Scorpion Sunrise but have a look at this Bad Boy-

2013_01_15_10_10_01_541_1.jpg

Trinidad Scorpion Sunrise

Mmmmm should go well with my lunch on Friday.

Micca

That looks tasty micca!! I just had a fresh Bahamian goat pepper with my lunch minutes ago very tasty but ...

my dam tolerance has rendered its heat as a mild mouth warming exercise only now when eaten with food ...that's what too many fresh Chilli's does to you .. makes you unappreciative ;) :D

I have been really wanting to taste the Bahamian Goat. Looks very tasty!

It's a bit like a Chilli fest, you need to start with mild and then move on to hot. If you have the F@%&* hot ones first all others are mild compared.

Micca

Yeah, it's friggin' bats having a go at my pods! :mad: I heard this almighty screech last night and looked out in time to see a bat shoot out of where some of my plants are. Sure enough, found a half eaten Doogie sitting on the ground today. Nice choice dickhead..... :lol:

my dam tolerance has rendered its heat as a mild mouth warming exercise only now when eaten with food ...that's what too many fresh Chilli's does to you .. makes you unappreciative ;) :D

As long as I can still get a bit of a sweat on and a decent whack of warmth in the mouth from my food, I'm still happy. "Mild" doesn't sound too pleasing though. In all honesty, I don't like my food overly hot anyway... kinda spoils it for me. It's when tolerance interferes with me trying to get my buzz on by munching down on a pod that pees me off!

Yeah, it's friggin' bats having a go at my pods! :mad: I heard this almighty screech last night and looked out in time to see a bat shoot out of where some of my plants are. Sure enough, found a half eaten Doogie sitting on the ground today. Nice choice dickhead..... :lol:

As long as I can still get a bit of a sweat on and a decent whack of warmth in the mouth from my food, I'm still happy. "Mild" doesn't sound too pleasing though. In all honesty, I don't like my food overly hot anyway... kinda spoils it for me. It's when tolerance interferes with me trying to get my buzz on by munching down on a pod that pees me off!

:eek: sacrilege! How dare you say those words on this forum. Rinse your mouth out with a Doogie. :D

Damn Gas you can't seem to get a break. First Possums, the mites, fruit fly and now bats. Is there any kind of pest you havn't encounted? Atleast it seems the doogie kicked the bats asre for you. :fireball:

Gas is actually Ace Ventura and just doesn't realise it .......attracting all the animals... a whim away, a whim away .... :rofl: ... sorry big ace Ventura fan when I was young :D

Back