• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

overwintering Winter-Summer in OZ "Comparison" / Aussie Blabberers

Who will win?

• A muppet

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • A muppet

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • A muppet

Votes: 23 39.7%

• Total voters
Those orange Primos look pretty amazing.

Everyone seems to be leaning towards the orange versions of pods but I'd prefer something darker. Junglerain has a 7 Pot Burgundy and a Bhut Jolokia Caramel on his site which look awesome. They'll be on my grow list next year for sure.

Whatever is chosen it should be all brainy and bumpy.

Found a new green jonah pod today and it almost has barbs and spikes coming out of it!

podssss023_zps8d9abf9c.jpg

podssss024_zps12493e54.jpg

Everyone seems to be leaning towards the orange versions of pods but I'd prefer something darker. Junglerain has a 7 Pot Burgundy and a Bhut Jolokia Caramel on his site which look awesome. They'll be on my grow list next year for sure.

IIRC, a little while back, didn't some members end up with red 7 Pot "Burgundy" pods? I can't remember exactly now. It was from another vendor, but still, to me, it really suggests instability. The Bhut Jolokia Caramel is also believed to be a hybrid... although I don't know what generation. It would be a shame if we were all supposed to be growing the same thing but ended up with different colours or something! :P

Of course, with so many hybrids circulating and debate as to whether some of the new superhot varieties are indeed really stable enough or not, I guess the chance is still there too with our current picks too. Heck, it's probably why they changed colour in the first place??

(But yeah, I'm so growing the Bhut Jolokia Caramel too... it does look cool! ;))

I had a bit of condensation in the fruitfly traps this morning, so couldn't get the clearest of photos. Anyone need some of fruitflies, I have plenty spare :( :

IMG_9259.jpg

Mate, don't take this the wrong way, but...... you can keep your bloody stinkin' rotten fruit flies!!! :rofl:

Seriously though, I feel your pain. :( The number of the bastages here is peaking now. I've been so careful to promptly dispose of all affected fruit but doesn't really do jack all when the neighbours have a dirty big mango tree with a carpet of rotten mangoes they just leave sitting below it. :mad: I've got a right mind to just fill a fire extinguisher full of Rogor and blast the crap outta the tree! :party:

Pssh, ah, push it.... push it real good....... :party:

IMG_0997.JPG

IMG_1003.JPG

OK, time to cast your vote....

a) TSMB Yellow
b) 7 Pot Primo Orange
c) 7 Pot Jonah Yellow

Just post your vote here, I'm not starting a new thread with poll or anything. Voting closes, uh, I dunno.... in a couple days or something.

Can you post a picture of each gas ?? ;). I'm undecided and lazy :rofl: so just want to see the coolest pod and that will be my vote :D. Actually don't have many orange pods .... 7 pot primo orange is my vote I think...

Pssh, ah, push it.... push it real good....... :party:

IMG_0997.JPG

IMG_1003.JPG

OK, time to cast your vote....

a) TSMB Yellow
b) 7 Pot Primo Orange
c) 7 Pot Jonah Yellow

Just post your vote here, I'm not starting a new thread with poll or anything. Voting closes, uh, I dunno.... in a couple days or something.

So are those photos supposed to scare or intimidate? cos its working :shocked:

Seriously though is that your butch t second or third year plant ? Damn thing is massive!

My vote is for c) 7 Pot Jonah Yellow

So what are the conditions of the contest so we are all clear?

Everyone grows the selected variety, in a pot or container of any size but no raised beds. (maybe we should say you COULD lift it and move it around if you wanted to, even if it would take a forklift ;) )
Open to Australians only.
Winner will be chosen by vote (open or participants only?) at the end of the season according to: size and health of plant, harvest size and quality?
Any and all fertilising techniques are allowed, (not really something that can be checked anyway :P )

We need to choose a start date or week so everyone starts at the same time.
We'll start a new thread solely for posting our progress in the grow off

That's all I can think of.. anyone have any additions or comments?

edit: My vote was for Jonah Yellow but I don't really care either way... whatever everyone thinks.

I'm all for the primo , personal choice as I Wozniak gunna do it this season and didn't add it to my order

Farkinn spell check

Ok if I start my own strain it's a Wozniak , west Ozi North incredible arse kicker patent pending :)

So are those photos supposed to scare or intimidate? cos its working :shocked:

Seriously though is that your butch t second or third year plant ? Damn thing is massive!

Nah haha I noticed how hard the sun was stressing it and for some reason Salt n Pepper "push it" popped into my head. Stressed plants do make for hot pods though.... so scary might work.

Third year. It's not as big as it's supposed to be by now..... :(

So what are the conditions of the contest so we are all clear?

Everyone grows the selected variety, in a pot or container of any size but no raised beds. (maybe we should say you COULD lift it and move it around if you wanted to, even if it would take a forklift ;) )
Open to Australians only.
Winner will be chosen by vote (open or participants only?) at the end of the season according to: size and health of plant, harvest size and quality?
Any and all fertilising techniques are allowed, (not really something that can be checked anyway :P )

We need to choose a start date or week so everyone starts at the same time.
We'll start a new thread solely for posting our progress in the grow off

That's all I can think of.. anyone have any additions or comments?

Sounds pretty good to me. We can fine tune it or whatever later.... first we decide on what we're growing! :)

(Maybe let them Kiwis participate too if they want.... ;))

I think ... talk me out of it if you think I'm wrong

Too late, vote counted. :P

Hey not to throw a spanner in the works but I just saw THSC have a new type of Trinidad scorpion (they already had the orange TS) but they look like they have bred a chocolate version of the TS ... looks good too ... ignore me if you want but thought that could be a cool one to grow as a comp as well??

Made my decision.... think I'm gonna go the 7 Pot Jonah Yellow too.

The 7 Pot Primo Orange looks freakin' cool and deffo gonna grow that bad boy at some stage but I was thinking I want to support an Aussie vendor for the Aussie grow off. ;)

Hey not to throw a spanner in the works but I just saw THSC have a new type of Trinidad scorpion (they already had the orange TS) but they look like they have bred a chocolate version of the TS ... looks good too ... ignore me if you want but thought that could be a cool one to grow as a comp as well??

I wonder what the story is behind it? I dunno, something about the lack of info given on "something they can call their own" seems a bit suss to me. :think:

I just noticed Grant is selling a Chocolate Scorpion too: http://junglerain.com.au/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=71&category_id=24&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=80

Boo on the Jonah cum on spice it up choc scorp sounds good . I think we shudder wait till end of oz season as more strains may be a
Available !! If we're gunn do this lets go hard , and gas still pots bro !!!! :)

Might give u a few pointers lol :)

But that's pm stuff :) :):)

Boo on the Jonah cum on spice it up choc scorp sounds good . I think we shudder wait till end of oz season as more strains may be a
Available !! If we're gunn do this lets go hard , and gas still pots bro !!!! :)

True we still have a bit of time. When are we kicking off? Like start of winter or something? Make it a time frame thing? Don't have to start then (but of course it would be wise to).

I dunno... another vote people.... do we disregard the current vote and see what else we can come up with and vote again, say, end of the season or do we stick with it?

I can see a lot of voting going down getting this thing sorted..... :lol:

Might give u a few pointers lol :)

But that's pm stuff :) :) :)

Still waiting on that PM. :D

Haha, nah, all good. I would deffo be all ears but I'm sure I'll manage. Don't want no special treament! After the comp though, feel free to hit me with a knowledge bomb!

I'll join in too. Don't mind which variety.

Woot! And we have another!

Back