• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

overwintering Winter-Summer in OZ "Comparison" / Aussie Blabberers

Who will win?

• A muppet

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • A muppet

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • A muppet

Votes: 23 39.7%

• Total voters
I'm not of that vintage to worry about that sort of thing yet. When I have to have it done I planned on telling him "a bit to the left doc,, aarrggghhhhh that's the spot"

I just had these arrive in the post .. . anyone had experience with this ebay seller? Don't laugh.

Capture_zpsfb0b2ceb.jpg

Listed as...
RUSSIAN HEIRLOOM Organic Chilli Pepper "Zolotoy Rog" Seeds 40+

RUSSIAN HEIRLOOM Organic Chilli Pepper "Ukrainsky Hirkyy" Seeds 60+

RUSSIAN HEIRLOOM Organic Chilli Pepper "Plamen" Seeds 0.5g - 30+

Only place I see those names of Chilli's are on that eBay site ... Chilli's might be real but names simply made up??? I could be wrong though

they do sound like bullshit hey? They were cheap, like me, so I can afford this hit.
Is it just me or when you use old or recycled soil you get way more pests.. and even ones you can't explain?
Or overwinter a plant without disregarding "most" of the soil?

Problem with ebay is that by the time you find out there not what you paid for, it is too late to do anything about it. And theres always someone willing to exploit that fact.

http://thehotpepper.com/topic/36908-need-help-to-identify-butch-t-plant/#entry762674

One of them is also just the name of a city ... and the other I didnt bother searching for ...

If they have ukrainesky shouldn't they be marketed as Soviet bloc or USSR rare heirlooms :rofl:

Yeah, it's friggin' bats having a go at my pods! :mad: I heard this almighty screech last night and looked out in time to see a bat shoot out of where some of my plants are. Sure enough, found a half eaten Doogie sitting on the ground today. Nice choice dickhead..... :lol:

As long as I can still get a bit of a sweat on and a decent whack of warmth in the mouth from my food, I'm still happy. "Mild" doesn't sound too pleasing though. In all honesty, I don't like my food overly hot anyway... kinda spoils it for me. It's when tolerance interferes with me trying to get my buzz on by munching down on a pod that pees me off!

Hey it sounds like you are having fun too there Ace :P
I have been looking at those Hunting Cameras that was mentioned earlier. Now it would be interesting to record whats going on in your backyard there.
Ace Ventura and his many many animal friends :cool:

Nah hope you manage to get on top of it. Bad enough with my Chilli Thief let alone a Bat Chilli Thief!

Micca

I going out this morning to get into my car and guess what some bloody bat had shat on my car. That stuff is impossible to get off, and I just washed my car last week.

Wonder if a sensor light would scare bats off?

Just thinking about Russia, I remember seeing a Doco about one of the coldest places. It is so cold there that you can't turn the engine off on your car or you will freeze to dead. I mean -25 Degrees is considered warm in some places in russia. Makes me wonder if any chillies would ever grow there naturally.?

I going out this morning to get into my car and guess what some bloody bat had shat on my car. That stuff is impossible to get off, and I just washed my car last week.

Wonder if a sensor light would scare bats off?

Just thinking about Russia, I remember seeing a Doco about one of the coldest places. It is so cold there that you can't turn the engine off on your car or you will freeze to dead. I mean -25 Degrees is considered warm in some places in russia. Makes me wonder if any chillies would ever grow there naturally.?
Lol just be glad batman didn't take a dump on it :)

Makes me wonder if any chillies would ever grow there naturally.?

Chili plants are not frost tolerant, so no native Russian chili i guess? (not in the cold parts like Siberia anyhow).

Here`s my St Helena ripening, id guess im the only one growing this variety in OZ? anyone know if Grants grown this one?

StHelenaYellow13-1.jpg

Anyone wanting some seeds gimme a shout.

Mezo.

Chili plants are not frost tolerant, so no native Russian chili i guess? (not in the cold parts like Siberia anyhow).

Here`s my St Helena ripening, id guess im the only one growing this variety in OZ? anyone know if Grants grown this one?

StHelenaYellow13-1.jpg

Anyone wanting some seeds gimme a shout.

Mezo.
Shouting. Maybe I can send you some in return.

Back