• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Worst Hot sauce you've ever tasted?

Nazirs Fiery hot chilli sauce, is shit no Worse

Byron Bay Jalapeno, and most of their others.. i would prefer to be run over by a Large Van than have to have them..

klyth said:
Mine was one of the Daves - I think Ultimate Insanity. It was thick and blackish-brown, taste could only be described as "toxic waste."

I've never had another Daves product since then. I know they're very popular, but that sauce scared me off them.

Some 1 brought Daves insanity here 1 day when come to buy plants as asked had i tried,, so standing in the backyard with he and his wife, and my wife and he offers me the bottle,, so get bout teaspoon size on side of hand and try it,, i actuallly spat it out as was absoulely horrible, he didn't look to impressed and later my wife told me i was reallly rude for doing that, i didn't aggree.. but the side of my hand burned for bout 6 hrs..

wont be testing that 1

bentalphanerd said:
the entire Byron Bay Chilli Co range comes to mind...

Come on now Bent.....I gave you a taste of the Byron Bay sweet chilli sauce and you couldn't get enough of it, you even broke a sweat.......I think you may has stolen my bottle.......:lol: j/k

shotta said:
Unbelievable, you have made my day RS.

I could of sworn I saw advertisments for a chilli festival while driving through Gippsland a couple of years back. You think I could find it by Google? tried Melb/ Aus/ Vic/ Gippsland /Chilli Festival and got nothing. Was beginning to think I dreamed it.

Thanks again.

Mate I went to the jindivick festival last year and it was great....when you start to drive past guys playing banjo's you are there.....

Look at this link for some comments and pics.......

http://www.thehotpepper.com/showthread.php?t=4675

The only thing I can find on the festival is this link.

http://www.dcsi.net.au/events/

and they are calling it the 10th Anniversary Hot Sauce & Fiery Foods Festival and it's on the 14th of Feburary.

The web link that the above site gives doesn't have any info on it.....

Send Stillmanz a PM and ask him as he will most likely be setting up a stall there....

I can't make it to HSFFF this year but its worth going if your in Victoria.
Find haggis the organiser and tell him Mick Stillmanz sent you. He'll either buy you a beer or punch you in the face lol.

Mick

Fortunately for you guys you will never taste the worst sauce in this world. It is the one served in 99% of local restaurants here and tastes something like tomato sauce mixed with a lot of vinegar, some starch to thicken it up and sugar. Just horrible stuff.

CIMG0641.JPG

Omri said:
Sadly enough, the worst sauce I've ever had was one I made.
Some weird mix of mayo, tomatoes, birdseye, wine and other stuff I don't really remember because I was sooooooooo drunk...

Mayo? :mouthonfire:

theHippySeedCo said:
Some 1 brought Daves insanity here 1 day when come to buy plants as asked had i tried,, so standing in the backyard with he and his wife, and my wife and he offers me the bottle,, so get bout teaspoon size on side of hand and try it,, i actuallly spat it out as was absoulely horrible, he didn't look to impressed and later my wife told me i was reallly rude for doing that, i didn't aggree.. but the side of my hand burned for bout 6 hrs..

wont be testing that 1

I totaly agree, bought this sauce year ago and i tested it onces. its really ewww !! never tried it again

Philipperv said:
Fortunately for you guys you will never taste the worst sauce in this world. It is the one served in 99% of local restaurants here and tastes something like tomato sauce mixed with a lot of vinegar, some starch to thicken it up and sugar. Just horrible stuff.

CIMG0641.JPG
Ha! you have no idea... that sounds delicious compared to some of the sauces I tried! actually that sounds like spicy ketchup. :shocked:
Philipperv said:
lol, yeah... :oops:

Sickmont said:
But it's a true statment.....think about it.....one drop is all it takes for you to hate the stuff:lol:

to each their own, but I didnt find the louisiana sauce that bad tasting, tastes like tabasco original (bottle I tried original)
I bought the multi pack for non-chileheads that come over that want some hot sauce, & mostly for showing the bottles later. $9 for 6.

Omri said:
Ha! you have no idea... that sounds delicious compared to some of the sauces I tried! actually that sounds like spicy ketchup. :shocked:

It's not even close. It is rank stuff. I'd drink a bottle of spicy ketchup straight before I'd use this garbage on any of my food.

Believe it or not, I just spent a week in Mexico and almost every sauce I tried was terrible. So many with way too much salt, or crazy artificial colouring, and no real heat to be found. One Hab sauce made in a restaurant we visited was approaching hot, but was still super tame. Had to find some peppers and make our own small batch. Delicious!

[quote name='Meow! That's Hot.']Believe it or not, I just spent a week in Mexico and almost every sauce I tried was terrible. So many with way too much salt, or crazy artificial colouring, and no real heat to be found. One Hab sauce made in a restaurant we visited was approaching hot, but was still super tame. Had to find some peppers and make our own small batch. Delicious![/QUOTE]

Hmm, musta been the touristy stuff then.

Genuine Mexican salsas and sauces can be amazing.

It's like a Mexican restaurant here, they serve fresh-made and still warm tortilla chips & salsa for free b4 the meal...with delicious but non-hot salsa. Sooooo, I asked the waiter if he had 'the real hot stuff' that they would use...he looked a bit freaked and said ok.

Came back with a bowl of nearly brown stuff that could take paint off. Whole time I was eating it w/ the chips, the staff keep walking by and looking at me like I wsa possesed, or seeing if I'd drop dead mebbe. :D I ate most of it, and took some home..they really liked me after that..hehehe.

Was damn hot, and kinda smokey flavor..definetly homemade wiht habs. Was a LOT like ElYucateco XXXhot, but less fluid and chunkier. Reminded me of a generations-old recipe from ppl I knew in the Yakima, WA area.

Mom tried just a toothpick dip of it and about howled..lol

Was a great birthday meal. :)

I lied, there was one restaurant that gave us something like what you described, and it was killer hot. The staff were staring at me like I was insane also.

[quote name='Meow! That's Hot.']I lied, there was one restaurant that gave us something like what you described, and it was killer hot. The staff were staring at me like I was insane also.[/QUOTE]

Good times, eh?

Oh, and greets from a fellow Ontarian.
canada-flag-14.gif

I have to say after all the sauces I have tasted the only few that have stood out are the ass kickin line and most of the gag sauces.

The ass kickin line really stands out because it all tastes pretty much the same and is all crap!!

why gag sauces piss me off is because they are what most regular people think I like and that alone makes me want to kick some ass!!

as a hot sauce fan I have a handfull of sauces that are not all that hot to even a non eater but the flavor is amazing and that is what I try to promote when handing over a sample to a newbie .

the odd moron that thinks he can take it will get a spoonfull of mamba or jersey death but his girlfriend will get a taste of Bigs chili garlic or a little Jungle juice.

Back