• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Ya want our blizzard???

Along with a lot of others we are having a fall blizzard. Cold and snow with a lot of wind and the counties in our area are all advising no travel. Winter in Minnesota doesn't much give two hoots if the calendar says it's not winter yet. Temp is 0 degrees, don't know what the wind chill is but I think -22 last I heard. Good day to make soup, bake some goodies and stay in where it's warm. Hope none of you have to be out in this.

pepperfever said:
Along with a lot of others we are having a fall blizzard. Cold and snow with a lot of wind and the counties in our area are all advising no travel. Winter in Minnesota doesn't much give two hoots if the calendar says it's not winter yet. Temp is 0 degrees, don't know what the wind chill is but I think -22 last I heard. Good day to make soup, bake some goodies and stay in where it's warm. Hope none of you have to be out in this.

Sounds like a nice spring day......................................in Alaska!

BRRRrrr! That is way colder than it is here. However, it seems there is a storm blowing in today so who knows what it'll be like tomorrow.

It is heading this way. The temp is supposed to fall 30 to 40 degrees tonight. We won't get the big snow that they are getting in Iowa, but it's getting COLD.

Its about the same here, we had a two day winter warning and it was a blizzard for two days than had a few days around minus twenty and are now just above zero without the wind chill. I'm very ready for spring once again.

That sounds horrible and you can keep it for sure.....

Just so you know, it's a perfect 28 degrees (82F) here...:D

I sincerely hope it tames down for all of those east of us. Our town is about 34 miles from Spirit Lake, IA, close to border of NW Iowa. That only means we share our weather good or bad!!!

hope you are cozy inside baking and cooking as you say Jackie...

I thought we might have an early winter because it snowed here (not a dang blizzard like you guys get) on December 2...it didn't last more than a few hours but still snow in Fort Worth on 2 December is a rarity and I think they got some snow down in Houston too...

I appear to now have about a half day of shovelling and snow blowing ahead of me:( All I can say is snow is much better than ice pellets and/or freezing rain

how much did you get Potawie?

We had 60 mph wind gusts and the power has been off since yesterday at 1 pm (I am in the library posting). The place I teach at was closed last night and I had a final to give, it is still closed today. Finals week is over tomorrow and I am suppose to go on a quickie vacation to costa rica saturday, but maybe not. I cancelled the 10 day one I had planned (and paid for) in July to take care of my parents and now this happens again. ^%^#@$&&%$@#$

lazienfat said:
Its about the same here, we had a two day winter warning and it was a blizzard for two days than had a few days around minus twenty and are now just above zero without the wind chill. I'm very ready for spring once again.

One of my x-girlfriends lives in Whitefish MT, from what I hear you have 2 seasons up there, Winter and August. I love cold weather but when you hit 5 below wind chill, well thats a little too cold.

AlabamaJack said:
how much did you get Potawie?

I'm not sure exactly how much we got but somewhere around 22cm, and I live on a big property. Soon I'll get the tractor plowing away, but like most years I'm never quite prepared for the first big storm. Its also quite a pain to snowblow or plow before the ground(dirt and gravel driveway) is totally frozen which is the case now.

PF - couple days ago in northern ND the temps for morning were
-14F with windchills in the -30F, for the past week & next week so far the highs are only in the single digits. might get to +20F on wed.though they are takikng about windchills in the -25 to -40 F tonight & weekend.
yea I live up here but I F'ing hate the extreme cold temps!snow doesnt bother me. give me 60-70's all year long!

POTAWIE said:
All I can say is snow is much better than ice pellets and/or freezing rain

I cant not agree with you more!!! I'll take several feet of snow over any ammounts of freezing rain/sleet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
snow is safer than ice!!

DickT said:
One of my x-girlfriends lives in Whitefish MT, from what I here you have 2 seasons up there, Winter and August. I love cold weather but when you hit 5 below wind chill, well thats a little too cold.

Hahaha Yeah that's about right! Whitefish is a pretty nice place.

Oh yeah CH, I hate cold too!!!! Snow is better, at least it seems to be warmer when we have lots of snow. Those 60-70's sound very good to me. I always say snow for Christmas and the next day spring but never seems to turn out that way.

Potawie, ground wasn't frozen here either. Think the storm took care of that.

pepperfever said:

So not much support for the global warming theory from you then?

:rofl: :flamethrower:

Back