• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Yellow bhut.

Just got my first one to ripen while I was on vacation. All my yellows this year are a little dark, closer to orange though. Maybe the intense sun? IDK. Just got in town so too late for pictures today. Will post tomorrow.

jacob

Here is a pic of my Yellow Bhut. Still not completely ripe, but will be ready soon.

DSC01040.jpg

My neighbor has 3 plants...planted too close to the tomatoes though so production was limited this year. I got some pods (very tasty) and seeds from him and am going to be taking some cuttings to make clones in the next two weeks. I really like the taste and plan on having 5 or 6 of these in my garden next year.

How can you tell they are not fatalis?

I would imagine Jacob could tell since he has probably grown both, but he can answer that. They are sort of similar i guess since a fatalii like pepper is most likely the cross. In my opinion the fatalii is larger at the top were the step meets the pepper.
I know that my plant was definatly not a fatalii as the pods were different in shape.
I re-crossed the yellow bhut back with its parent(red bhut) and the plant is now budding. It will be interesting to see what i get.

Here's mine. I started one seed, grew one plant and it was yellow. I'm familiar with the Fatalii and this is not the same thing. My plant is almost identical to a regular Bhut while a Fatalii is much more compact. The heat was not there yet, but I'll wait and see.
IMG_1561.jpg

IMG_1571.jpg

IMG_1572.jpg

I totally agree. The fatalii plant is much more compact and the yellow bhut grew out huge for me too. I have both growing and took pictures for comparison. Will post tomorrow. :)

Ive got a few different plants and only one is growing like a true Bhut while the others are looking more like Fataliis.

Weird, I would expect the Bhut to be a little larger than the Fatalii. Good comparison though, you can see the bumpier skin on the Bhut.

Back