• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Yellow chinense...

I just spent the better part of an hour going through the search feature on yellow Bhuts, Jolokias, Habaneros, and scorpions.
Are there any truly yellow chinense? Are there proven seeds available? Thanks in advance. :)

AjarnV said:
I just spent the better part of an hour going through the search feature on yellow Bhuts, Jolokias, Habaneros, and scorpions.
Are there any truly yellow chinense? Are there proven seeds available? Thanks in advance. :)

Is a fatali a annum?

I have yellow habs growing as we speak although I can't guarantee that they are true, but I guess you get what you pay for ;). The habs did turn yellow when ripe. PM me if you're interested.

Blister said:
I have yellow habs growing as we speak although I can't guarantee that they are true, but I guess you get what you pay for ;). The habs did turn yellow when ripe. PM me if you're interested.

Thanks, I may do that. I love the yellow color. Have you eaten any? What's the heat and flavor like?

AjarnV ..... I'm not sure I fully understand your question. If you're just asking in general about yellow chinense and not just the ones you listed , there are many !! Trinidad Perfume , Grenada Seasoning , both mild , Congo Yellow , and my favorite the Yellow Scotch Bonnet. The list runs on ...
I have seen many that are called yellow but aren't a true yellow color they lean towards orange. I like yellow peppers but can't say I'm overly hung up on just yellow peppers.

Peace,
P. Dreadie

ScotchBonnetb.jpg

It might sound weird, but I actually use ChilePlants.com partially for information and pics of peppers. Yeah, it's a plant selling business and of course they just want you to buy their stuff (and I have), but you can quickly and easily sort through all of their varieties (around 500) in just about any way you'd want to. For example, you can have it show you only chinenses that are yellow, or show you all ornamental plants of any species, or display all jalapenos... very useful, and very powerful.

Then there's thechileman.org's database for more information and many plants that the first one doesn't carry/have info on, but it's less configurable. I've also found http://www.g6csy.net/chile/index.html to be a good resource as well; they have a database you can access by clicking "Database!" in the left pane of the page plus information of the different species. Then of course there's Neil's videos on YouTube, which I find very useful in determining some good peppers to grow and entertaining to watch.

There's lots of yellow chinenses. Some I'm growing are Amazon, Burkina Yellow, Congo Yellow Trinidad, Datil, Devil's Tongue, Fatalii, Yellow Sun, Mustard Habanero (it's sort of yellow...), and Yellow Scotch Bonnet... all chinenses. I'm sure there are plenty that sit on yellow for a little bit before changing to their final color as well. It's my first year growing all of them, so I'm pretty excited.

P. Dreadie said:
AjarnV ..... I'm not sure I fully understand your question. If you're just asking in general about yellow chinense and not just the ones you listed , there are many !! Trinidad Perfume , Grenada Seasoning , both mild , Congo Yellow , and my favorite the Yellow Scotch Bonnet. The list runs on ...
I have seen many that are called yellow but aren't a true yellow color they lean towards orange. I like yellow peppers but can't say I'm overly hung up on just yellow peppers.

Peace,
P. Dreadie

ScotchBonnetb.jpg

No, not hung up; presently growing orange Habanero, Costa Rica Red Habanero, and will be growing Dorset Naga, Bhut Jolokia, and chocolate Habanero in the next few weeks.
That yellow Scotch Bonnet in your picture would do nicely; it's a real beauty.
The reason for my question is that I came across a thread here discussing the various yellow chinense and casting doubt on their authenticity. I think it was the Jolokia specifically. I just love the true yellow color.

It's seems I remember that thread about the Yellow Jolokia. I didn't mean to imply you might be hung up on a color , I was stating my view. I'm hung up on flavor/ aroma and then heat . In the long run I could care less about the color , but I do like a nice yellow .... or a super red ..... or a ... LOL

Peace,
P. Dreadie

P. Dreadie said:
It's seems I remember that thread about the Yellow Jolokia. I didn't mean to imply you might be hung up on a color , I was staring my view. I'm hung up on flavor/ aroma and then heat . In the long run I could less about the color , but I do like a nice yellow .... or a super red ..... or a ... LOL

Peace,
P. Dreadie

Yup, yup, and yup! ;)

Back