• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

You know what really grinds my gears?!?

Lucky Dog Hot Sauce said:
Haters unite! Post stuff you hate in here.
What really grinds your gears?
For me it's tailgaters - especially on a rainy day like this. Driving 4" from someone's tail in any weather is dangerous as hell, but especially so on a rainy day with poor visibility. And it makes no sense if the car in front of me isn't going any faster - not like if you tailgate me you're going to get to your destination quicker or something. Often the same people who'll go to the right and cut someone off, speed ahead, then cut you off, then tailgate the person in front of them again. It's just stupid and dangerous and achieves nothing while putting everyone at risk.
And that really grinds my gears.
What about you? What really grinds your gears?

What I do is take my foot off the excelerator untill I'm going about 35. They either back off or go around.

dash 2 said:
People who don't know how to use a crosswalk. You know - the people who are too stupid/lazy to walk an extra half block to the stop lights and just stare at you while they stroll out in front of traffic. Then they purposefully s l o w l y   s w a g g e r in front of your car, seemingly just to prove a point and make everyone wait for their dumb ass.

I had a guy do that once and I pulled forward and bumped him a love tap. The other cars erupted in horns and cheers out the windows.

hogleg said:
In the 90s when i lived in the east bay a lot (north richmond, alemeda, oakland). I used to keep D batteries in my center console. In Four years I detonated at least three windshields. I purposefully rammed two cars of the road. Threw a truck headlight at a mercedes, and put a hole threw a semi's radiator and prolly engine block with a salmon weight. There is a twenty mile radius around the Mac Maze that is hell on earth. Around that same time I was wanted on warrants for driving, in three of the bay counties. :rofl:  I guess I was pretty angry those days. Not sure why I used to charge assholes heavy fines with street justice. Guess I just wanted to show them, there is always a bigger asshole out there.
Best i live more in the sticks and stay out of the city. I'm allergic to dumbshit drivers :rofl:

Come At Me CHP, I Dare Ya!

After watching him snort pepper powder I tend to believe him. SICCUM HOGLEG LOL
dash 2 said:
Did he get the hint?

Should have seen his look of disbelief

hogleg said:

In the 90s when i lived in the east bay a lot (north richmond, alemeda, oakland). I used to keep D batteries in my center console. In Four years I detonated at least three windshields. I purposefully rammed two cars of the road. Threw a truck headlight at a mercedes, and put a hole threw a semi's radiator and prolly engine block with a salmon weight. There is a twenty mile radius around the Mac Maze that is hell on earth. Around that same time I was wanted on warrants for driving, in three of the bay counties. :rofl:  I guess I was pretty angry those days. Not sure why I used to charge assholes heavy fines with street justice. Guess I just wanted to show them, there is always a bigger asshole out there.
Best i live more in the sticks and stay out of the city. I'm allergic to dumbshit drivers :rofl:

Come At Me CHP, I Dare Ya!
Heck you might be related to an old guy I worked for in the 80s. He drove a 54 Ford Pick-Up that had a small hole cut in the floor board. He kept a Folgers can full of nuts and bolts next to him. When I asked what those were for he said just watch the next tailgater. Worked like a charm.

But for me its walking and "texting" on a cell phone. Had a young lady almost become my hood ornament as she stepped off a curb while texting on her cell phone last week. She then had the nerve to give me the hand and the don't interrupt look as I honked saving her life. 

You know what realy grinds my gears?

People who are married & do stupid things, tell you about the stupid thing they did that's causing marital trouble & then when you attempt to respond, they say things like, "you wouldn't understand, you're not married"

:doh:

1. Then why the faq did you dump that all over me if you didn't want my feedback or opinion &

2. I actually understand quite well - I've never put my penis in a coffe grinder either but I'm pretty sure I understand that it's a bad idea. It's absolutely possible to comprehend something without having experienced it first hand, and considering I'm *not* the one who screwed up my marriage I'd say I'm in a pretty good position to make a neutral evaluation and possibly offer advice.

Man, that really grinds my gears.

I don't drive,never had a license, ever,I'm 60 yrs old.

I drove years ago at the Grand Canyon where I lived at the time (70's)...mostly my bike or my 1952 dodge pickup.

Mostly we were 90 miles from anywhere,driving dirt roads.

The highway was the worst place to drive,locals drove the dirt roads and got to flag faster.

Idiots piss me off.

Instant experts on stuff they have no clue about.
Especially the instant pepper experts who know nothing about anything but what they read on the net.
Be it cooking,growing or whatever.

Like the saying goes,you can't fix stupid...
Whether it be driving or whatever.

An idiot is always going to consider everyone else as an idiot,not them.

I agree, S.Ca. Drivers are the worst in winter conditions.

I lived back east (was born there) and in places that actually have a winter and see the S.Ca. drivers blow it big time,ALL the time.
Rain is bad BUT in snow they are Kamikaze (SP?) drivers/idiots with no clue.

The recent attitude of people that think they are OWED a free ride on my hard earned cash also pisses me off.
I guess that might be a topic for the other forum,but since you asked...

sicman said:

Dammit sic, I was just coming in here to post this: 

Grinds-my-gears1.jpg

:D

What grinds my gears?

Unreliable and untrustworthy people.

Why is it so hard to say "yes" or "no". If you can't, don't and if you can, do.

It's so hard for me to take people at their word these days when so many have let me down in the past.

You organize something at a set day&time, and they turn up late or back out at the last minute with some BS excuse. It's even worse when you have turned someone else down because you "had" plans.

SR.

Back