• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

tv Your favorite tv series

lol, I'll just quote the comment from the other post.
Omri said:
I like a lot of shows, but none are actually good. the few I really like are kinda weird.
Yes South Park is awesome, but my taste is more like The Sopranos, New Tricks and I do admit to have an addiction to Doctor Who (downloading today's episode right now). there is this one British mini-series called Jekyll - purely brilliant! the lead actor (Nesbit) is a damn genius.
In general the modern crap like Heroes and such is cute.

Comedy, import - Trailer Park Boys
Comedy, domestic - Two and a Half Men, although CBS Mondays and NBC Thursdays are really good
Drama - Jerhico (cancelled) or Star Trek:TNG
Reality - NONE OF THEM!!!!!!!!!

i'm ussually too indecisive for favorites but the only really good tv show coming to mind right now is firefly... i am ridiculously in love with the rick mercer report but that's not really 'good tv'...

Animated comedy: Fam Guy, American Dad -- just finished watching the complete series of both online.

Comedy -- The Office. I did prefer the English one, but Steve Carell has really grown on me.
My Name Is Earl is pretty good too.

Reality TV is just a cheap alternative to real programming -- no need to pay those pesky actors a thing!

Political/current events : Daily Show or Colberrrrrt Repoorrrrrt. Sadly, we lack a daily satirist to keep our politicians real.

Star Trek with Jean-Luc Pickard (next gen??) is always entertaining.

Fav of all time?
Yes, Minister
Yes, Prime Minister. Such a good insight into the machinations of public service.

RS

The Simpsons
South Park
Little Britain
Seinfeld
King of Queens
Robot Chicken
Futurama
Andy Richter controls the Universe
Da Ali G. Show
My Name is Earl
Scrubs

Dexter
Prison Break
X-Files
Millennium
Psych
Monk
Vanished
Doctor Who
Re Genesis

any program playing good music

any series I forgot...

The only series I watch:

Lost

Chiliac said:
The Simpsons
South Park
Little Britain
Seinfeld
King of Queens
Robot Chicken
Futurama
Andy Richter controls the Universe
Da Ali G. Show
My Name is Earl
Scrubs

Dexter
Prison Break
X-Files
Millennium
Psych
Monk
Vanished
Doctor Who
Re Genesis

any program playing good music

any series I forgot...
I watch a lot of those too, but wouldn't call them "my favorite". :lol:

POTAWIE said:
Family Guy really gets me laughing and Corner Gas is a great Canadian comedy

i love the cameos on that show, my fave was when adrienne clarkson wanted to take down a barn.

Omri said:
I watch a lot of those too, but wouldn't call them "my favorite". :lol:

yea, ditto...

The only show I watch currently is Smallville.

Old favorites: The Incredible Hulk, Star Trek :TOS and TNG, The Tick (live action and cartoon) and good old Ren and Stimpy.

the first two I listed were my favorite new ones....

for the old ones I gotta go with "Where The Action Is" and "Paul Revere And The Raiders"

Back